Pages

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Is This Going to Become a Venting Blog?

Peeps, I have to say it. I must, I MUST!

You'd think, hey, it's 80 degrees in Florida, who could possibly be sick. Me, of course. Still. And due to the nature of my jobby-job, I am on the phone a lot. Coughing. Hacking. Sounding mysteriously like my 83 year old grandpa. And everyone says,

"Oh, are you sick?" (No, I cough like this for emphasis.)
"Have you tried hot tea and lemon?" (Have you bought stock in Lipton? Why do you care?)
"You should get that cough checked out. My blankety-blank friend/relative ended up having lung cancer." (Thanks for thinking of me in that way.)
"Wow, you've been sick for a while." (I'm impressed with how astute you are.)
"Have you seen a doctor?" (If I say no, will you babysit my kids while I go?)

There. Illness etiquette. All for you, my dear friends. In complete opposition to this post, I will have Walk in the Word Wednesday in a little bit. I forgot last week, due to feeling like 20 pounds of poo in a ten pound bag. But I will be back to normal someday. I am claiming it!
Is it just me, or am I meaner when I'm sick?

1 comment:

mom2nji said...

Aww I am sorry you are still sick! Could it be allergies? We are all miserable with them!
Noah is doing fantastic though!