Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I Lost My Cool







But I swear it, ya'll will understand why. This is me calling an insurance company:

"Hello, this is Todd from ABC Insurance."
"Hello! My name is Sarah, and I'm calling from Florida Hospital in Orlando."
"Hi Sarah. What state are you calling from?"
Me: Silence. "Ummm, Florida."
"And what city would you be located in?"

Unfortunately, my friends, that is when I dropped my chalupa.

"Are you kidding me?"
"I'm sorry?"
"Hi Todd. Listen, I said I'm calling from Florida Hospital in Orlando. That pretty much gives you all your info right there, doesn't it?"
Silence on his end.
But hey, I got the authorization I was needing.
Let this be a lesson to us all: God gave us two ears and one mouth for a reason. Twice as much listening, half as much talking! Remember that!
Now where are my blood pressure meds?

3 comments:

mom2nji said...

Lmao! But you sooo rock at your job!

Kathi said...

I'm laughing too! Been there done that many times! What ARE they doing on the other end of the line?? NOT listening, that's for sure!
Great post!

Sarah R said...

Oh my gosh, Jenni, do you think so? I have days when I feel completely ineffectual. Especially now when I'm not feeling great and it takes me longer to get stuff done.