Pages

Monday, March 23, 2009

Sarah is Mad at the New Scale

Stoopid scale. Nemesis. JERK!


Holy mack, wouldn't I like to see 126.4. Actually, no. I think I'd be too thin. Anyway, this is the EXACT MODEL SCALE that I bought.
And I was a good girl (not counting that delicious McDonalds lunch I had...drooooooool). I set up the scale. I am P0 (that is letter P, number zero). It asked me if I was a boy or girl. Hooray, I'm a girl! It asked me how old I was. Hooray, I'm 33 for another two months! It asked me my height. Hooray, I'm 5 foot 4 depending on if I'm slouching or not! Then...I had to hop on. Grrrrr. I took off my socks (in case they weighed a few pounds) and stood on the scale. 269.2. Ewwwwww. It's actually better than I was this morning at the doctor, when I was 269.8. I guess the McDonalds flushed me out? Hahaha, I JEST. I'll take a half pound where I can get it, though. Then the directions tell you to hold still so it can calculate my body fat ratio.
Error.
Wha?
Error.
Hmmm, I must have been standing funny. I'll try it again.
Error.
I'm so confused.
I hop off the scale and grab directions. I can't believe I need directions for a stoopid scale. Error 4. I flip to the back.
"Your body fat ratio is too high to be measured."
WTF?!?!?!
Is this not a Biggest Loser scale? The scale goes up to 350 flipping pounds, you'd think it could calculate the body fat ratio of someone who weighs almost 100 less than the maximum weight!
I want another cheeseburger.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

I feel your pain Sarah! I detest scales, really I do. I have an expensive Weight Watcher's digital scale, and you know, it is BROKEN! I can get on it and weigh one thing, get on and weight 30 lbs. less! Not very accurate at all.

So I joined WW and am going to meeting with Doug. I've done that before. This time I am NOT going to get pregnant 7 lbs. from goal and I am NOT (at least I hope not) going to spiral into a bad place with a bad fibro flare and mess up my entire body! I will seek help earlier than 3 years....but I digress. I am sitting at 229 now. Down 20# since LAST March. A whole year. It will take forever to get to goal if I lose this slowly all the time. But I am not going to give up this time, really I am not. It helps that Doug is being very diligent, which makes the boys very diligent because they do not want their daddy to weigh less than they do, so I have food police (just the boys) all around me and people pestering me (again the boys) why I am not going to the YMCA with them. Well, because MEN go there and I am not in the state of mind to be working out or swimming in front of men....maybe I'll get there, but not now. So my goal will be to walk the dog every day as soon as it is always 55+, because it isn't now.

Can you tell my guys are still sleeping and I haven't talked to a single soul since last evening??

OK, going to go catch up on your blog :)

Elspeth said...

Keep the faith and keeping working at it.

I'm in this battle with you.

Sarah R said...

Hey Kelly! I hear every word you're saying. I don't mind going to the Y though. I just don't care what people think. Sometimes that's good, sometimes it's my downfall, lol. And Terry, I'm sure you're doing GREAT!

Amy Chastek said...

Sarah, Career Services is eating a cookie today in your honor. Scales be damned.

Sarah R said...

I love Amy!!! Cookies are delish!

Michelle said...

Oh. My. Word. This cracked me up woman! I don't own a scale either. They are the devil.