Pages

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Empty Nest

My life is changing. Now that Missy has graduated and is working only, she's gone ALL THE TIME.  It just feels weird.  I'm constantly asking her where she is going and who with, and I get massive eye rolls and avoidance.  I know, she's not 18 until July but basically, she is an adult now.   I can hardly wrap my head around it.  I swear, I JUST HAD HER.  And now she's mostly grown up, and doing adult things, and it doesn't feel right.  But yet...here we are.

She was seeing this one guy who her father and I told her she was not allowed to see anymore.  He was 23 and her dad and I both felt that a 17 year old should not be dating a 23 year old.  Especially one with a criminal record and no job.  Luckily, she took our advice on that one and is now seeing another guy (that was fast) who at least has a car, not sure about the job yet.  I won't say his name on here, but he appears to be respectful (so far) and he actually has a form of autism called PPD.  We'll see how it goes.

Bucket took my pictures today and I think you can tell that I look how I feel.  Not great...not awful.  Just not super happy.  As of this Monday, I told my boss I'm not clocking in until 8am and I'm going to back to running.  I'm going to sign up for a 5k and train for it.  As I've said in the past, I really don't mind being plus sized, but I'm not comfortable at the weight I am right now.  I don't feel good and I'm tired constantly.

It's bad when this is the best photo of the bunch.  Target wrap top, $5.88 purchased three years ago and way too hot to wear today.  Purple tank purchased at Goodwill for about two bucks, last year.  My old leopard flip flops, and a skirt I bought on eBay for $5, with no tag in it.  It has black sequins on it!

Besides the flip flops, I feel very goth in this outfit, which was not my intent.
 
Again, still sick of  hair.  Are you sick of me talking about it?  Ha.  My mom gave me a $50 gift card to Kohl's for my birthday and I forgot that I had it.  I might run down there today to see what I can find.  I don't want any new clothes (shocking!) but I'm always in the  market for flip flops.  Plus I was thinking I'd really like some new make up brushes and I ran out of my Jennifer Aniston perfume.  No idea if Kohl's sells perfume?

I can't imagine these flip flops will last much longer.  They're Target and I've had them literally five years or more.  I love them!  I'm actually wearing a french manicure color on my toes which is not showing up on the pictures.  It's an oyster pearl color.  I think it's too close to my skin tone to make much of a difference.

Anyway, I'm going to run to Kohl's and the thrift store before I change my mind and clean something.  Have a great week!

No comments: