Pages

Friday, October 12, 2012

One Year Ago Today...

My biological father died.  I was a mess for a good, long while.  Guilt, sorrow, doubt...all nasty things which like to creep into our souls when we're down.  In the year since his death, I swore I'd lose weight so I wouldn't die early like him.  Well, that didn't happen.  Sigh...I am too soft on myself.  I went on Ken's son's facebook page and stole this picture.  I figure, you had him as a father your entire life, I guess I can take a picture off your page.  I almost died laughing when I saw the picture.  I make the same smirk.  It made me laugh.

Same eyebrows?  Check.  Same nose.  Yes...thanks a lot, jerk.  Same smile.  Indeed.  Same love for the color red, and Dr. Sheldon Cooper?  Bazinga!

Apparently, we had a lot in common.  A love for Billy Joel, the NY Mets, coffee, Pepsi products, and type 2 diabetes.  I think he would have liked me, had he ever gotten to really know me.

It's been a good year.  I moved on.  I *had* to move on.  Living in the past is boring.