Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

Icyhot

Icyhot is my new friend.  You see, I had my last visit with the personal trainer.  And I think I'm saying "last" rather emphatically.  I hurt my knees so badly that for the past two days, I have hardly been able to walk.  My right knee swelled to twice the normal size, and they both turned purple.  I don't doubt that this trainer can get one in shape, but I am way too busy to be spending half my way in agonizing pain.  I couldn't even make it to church on Sunday, and that's unacceptable to me.

School went fine last week, they never even called me.  Bucket transitioned beautifully.  His schedule was fixed before he got in, and he got the oddest class for a child with autism; drama.  And he loves it.  It's his favorite.  Who knew?

So during my week of vacation, I cleaned, slept, did laundry, cooked real food, and did labwork.  It was a good week.  I enjoyed myself thoroughly.

I don't have any recent pics, but my sister managed to find this goodie in her old house in Michigan.  I cried when I saw it.  Memories!

Taken in 1993, when I was 18 and my sister Kelly was 15 or 16.  Yes, those are the Twin Towers behind us.  This picture gave me shivers!

No comments: