Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Praying


Do you ever have a conversation with someone and look back at stuff you *should have* done? Mr. R and I did that this morning. Before he got the job he has now, he filled out an application for a company in Orlando. They offered him a job. It was local driving, Monday through Friday, home every night, and weekends off. A truck driver's dream! And he turned it down. Why? Because he didn't want to drive to Orlando every day (approximately 50 miles from where we live now.) So what did he end up doing? Taking a job where he drives all over the country. Ah, hindsight. You gotta love it.

I told him, "I sure wish you had taken that job back then. I'd love to have you home every weekend. So would the kids."
He said, "Jobs like that don't just appear in front you."
I said, "What was the name of that place again?"
He told me. I typed it in. And ta da!!! - driving position available in Orlando. So I filled it out. It took over an hour and was absolutely ridiculous. It asked questions that made me wonder if they wanted a driver or an FBI agent. But we finished it together, talking on the cell phone, me drinking my coffee at my desk, him driving a semi through the hills of Tennessee. And we are both praying, that somehow they will offer him this job again, and that by this summer, Mr. R will be home with us all the time.

1 comment:

Kathi said...

Sounds like a true blessing. May your wishes come true!