Pages

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Rainy Saturday Morning

As my vacation from work quickly winds down, I sit here at my desk this morning. At 8:42am, the sky is still dark, swollen with rainclouds. The gentle tap-tap-tap of the rain hitting our metal gutters relaxes me. I don't normally pull up the computer so early, but I have more schoolwork to complete, and the house is mostly quiet. Still in my pink pajamas, my hair in a sloppy bun, my glasses perches upon my nose, I listen. I listen to the kittens playing about my feet. I listen to the gentle burps of the coffeemaker. Bucket is pouring himself a bowl of cereal, Missy is playing with the dog, and Tiger is still sleeping. We had planned a day at the pumpkin patch, but the rain may delete that activity. We still have some decorations to put up, and to buy candy for the trick-or-treaters (its not for me, I swear it!)
Mr. R left for a quick trip to Texas this morning. I helped him pack his bag, find his socks, and pick out some dvds. I kissed him goodbye under the portico of our home, wrapping my arms around his neck and wishing that he could stay home with me on this wonderful rainy Saturday morning.

MyHotComments.com
MyHotComments

No comments: