Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Reasons I Love my Husband

Beloved
2 Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth—
for your love is more delightful than wine.

3 Pleasing is the fragrance of your perfumes;
your name is like perfume poured out.
No wonder the maidens love you!

4 Take me away with you—let us hurry!
Let the king bring me into his chambers.

12 While the king was at his table,
my perfume spread its fragrance.

13 My lover is to me a sachet of myrrh
resting between my breasts.

14 My lover is to me a cluster of henna blossoms
from the vineyards of En Gedi.

16 How handsome you are, my lover!
Oh, how charming!
And our bed is verdant.

Like an apple tree among the trees of the forest
is my lover among the young men.
I delight to sit in his shade,
and his fruit is sweet to my taste.

4 He has taken me to the banquet hall,
and his banner over me is love.

5 Strengthen me with raisins,
refresh me with apples,
for I am faint with love.

6 His left arm is under my head,
and his right arm embraces me.



Isn't Song of Solomon just lovely? Listen to how she talks about her lover. "Faint with love?" OH MY!



Reasons I love Mr. R:


he is an excellent provider
he is a wonderful father
he is a man of God
he mows the lawn
he is a hard worker
he still tries to take care of his mom
he loves my family
he is a musician
he cried when our children were born
he is generous
he makes me coffee
he can answer Bible questions
he eats my food even when its not so good
he looks past my faults, and sees my virtues
he painted the kitchen red just for me, even though it took forever
he compliments me when I finally wear a skirt
he plays with my hair because he knows the weight of it hurts my head
he is not wasteful with money
he thinks I'm gorgeous even though the birth of three children have taken its toll on me
he thinks I'm sexy when I wear my glasses
he thinks my feet are cute (they are so short and stubby)
he has a great sense of humor
he loves to pick on all my siblings
he has made friends with most of my friends
he plays drums
he takes our kids fishing
he's good in bed (hey, nothing wrong with that!)
HE LOVES ME AS CHRIST LOVES THE CHURCH.



No comments: