Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Trudging

Well, I didn't get the job, but I have to believe that God is saving me for something bigger.

I did celebrate my 22nd wedding anniversary with Mr. R about two weeks ago.  We went out for seafood and just enjoyed each other's company.

I need to convince this man to let me trim his eyebrows.  That is scary.

I have another job interview on Wednesday.  I plan to do quite a bit of applying tonight once my laundry is finished.  I also need to go shopping for an interview outfit that fits better (I'm down to about a size 14 or 16, most of my clothes are 18/20).   Unfortunately, I'm running out of PTO time so I have to be super careful about not wasting time applying for jobs.  I need to only apply to jobs that will be worth my time.  Frankly, this is where I get a bit annoyed at the job interview process.  With that first job interview, I would not have wasted 2.5 days of PTO time (2 separate interviews, and one time being rescheduled on the day of the interview)  if I had known I was going to be low balled on the salary offer.  The interview I have this upcoming week, I was told over the phone what the starting salary is, and I appreciate that kind of candor.  That way I know if I should bother or not.  I am really, really hoping I get this job (it's a nearly 50% raise over what I make now!) but the bad part is, it's driving back to the Orlando area which is so frustrating.  I think I'll be able to do the train (Sunrail) again which does help as far as being on time and not being stuck in horrifying traffic.

I've applied to two remote coding positions, one for "outpatient" and one for emergency.  I really like the idea of emergency room coding, as some charts can be pretty exciting and interesting.  I also really miss working from home.  When I first started working in an office again, I was so excited to meet new people and have those work relationships you see on TV.  Turns out that is FALSE and I don't really care to be in an office any longer.  I'll stay home with my laptop, my music, my comfy clothes, my coffee, and my dogs!  Besides, coding really requires the ability to tune out the world and concentrate, read, contemplate and think.  You have no idea how hard it is to do that in an office where everyone is constantly interrupting.  And while I don't miss my job at the hospital, I do miss that time I had working from home and getting so much work done.  I also liked getting my house chores done, being around for work people, when my kids get home from school, and not driving in crappy weather!



Well, it's time for me to get back to it.  Now that I spend 50 hours a week outside my home (at minimum!) I now seem to spend my Saturdays getting this house under control, doing laundry, cooking, and resting with my dog.

Who wouldn't want to spend more time with this sweet little girl?!

Have a blessed day, everyone!  I'll get my groove back, don't you worry.  This past year has been a learning opportunity.  I can say that with certainty.

No comments: