Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

Right Now, I am SICK TO DEATH of Food!

Ugh.  I'm full, full, full, and I'm supposed to eat another snack in an hour and a full dinner by 6pm.  And then another snack by 8pm.  I had to beg the nutritionist not to give me 3 snacks when she did my meal plan.  She was worried...get this...that I was not EATING ENOUGH!  I'm a size 18/20 100lb. overweight woman, and she thought I was not eating enough!  At first I was like, cool, I get 2000 calories a day.  Now I'm wondering how the heck I'm going to cram it in.  I wonder if I'll actually lose weight.  How funny our bodies are!

Here's what I've to eat today:
1 English muffin, whole grain.  (that's 2 carb choices.  I'm supposed to have 4 carb choices at breakfast.)
1 banana.  (that's 2 fruit choices, one fruit choice would be half a banana.  And yes, I weighed my banana.  I love my digital food scale!)
1 cup of coffee with 2 tbsp. of half n half.  (that's my 1 fat choice for the breakfast.  So I guess I'm only having one cup of coffee because skim milk in coffee is foul.)
2 tbsp of peanut butter which I spread on the English muffin.  (that's 1 protein, and I was supposed to have two.)

Frankly, I'd rather have an extra cup of coffee and skip that protein.  But I guess that's why I'm in the state that I'm in, no?

Lunch:

Boston bibb lettuce salad, and half of an enormous tomato.  (that's equal to only 1 vegetable choice, because lettuce is "free.")
1 oz of sunflower seeds on the salad was my "fat" for the meal. 
3 oz of chopped up steak was my protein.  Again, I gypped myself on the protein.  I simply didn't want any more meat.
44 oyster crackers were 2 carb choices, but I was supposed to have three.  I just didn't want anymore.

I'm supposed to have a snack in 40 minutes.  2 fruit, 1 protein.  I bought those V8 fusion drinks.  I might have that with a piece of rolled up lunch meat. 
And dinner by 6!
Ugh.  Roll me down the street, I'm huge!

**update**

Drank the V8 fusion drink for snack.  It is the blueberry pomegranate and it was pretty yummy.  And since it wasn't actual food, I was able to drink it.  I have a feeling that I'll be buying lots of these.
Also had 2oz of lean roast beef to make up for the lack of protein from lunch.  I'm still really, really full.  And I'm supposed to have dinner by 6pm, which is only 2 hours from now. 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Our trainer at the gym told me the same thing. That I am not eating enough. So I have had to add a sncak inbetween breakfast and lunch and then again at lunch and dinner. Oh, and I have to eat breakfast as well. I am just not used to eating so much.

Sarah R said...

See, this is what I think when people assume that fat people have no self control; I eat far less than most. So it's absolutely not about self control. I guess it's true; I'm eating at the wrong time? I've had more food today this morning than I normally eat all day, but I'm spacing it out and not gorging at night. I'm frankly not looking forward to dinner, which is a favorite of mine on Mondays: Mexican Monday! I have to eat 3 starches, 3 vegetables, 3 proteins, and 2 fats.
I guess my burrito will be filled with beans tonight.

Sarah R said...

Oh, and my blood sugar is AMAZING today. I just tested at 98 which is in the normal range!

Kelly said...

Sarah, that sounds about like what i eat, although I eat my fruit instead of drink it. I save beverage points for alcohol ;)

I like apples with sharp cheddar cheese for a snack, or strawberries with greek yogurt. I like whole grain carbs instead of like oyster crackers.

Oh, feta cheese on a salad is really yummy with some black olives. Not sure you like those things. My favorite lunch is a big salad with red onion, tomatoes, cucumbers, black olives, feta cheese, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. If I eat it for dinner I put 2 oz. of grilled chicken breast or some type of fish. I'm not a big red meat eater.

You can do it! You're just not used to eating so close together or these combos of food.

Kelly said...

Oh I love Mexican. What are you making? I have lots of Mexican recipes on my blog. I love the chicken tacos. So easy and a crock pot meal. And you could have avocado for fat or olives oh yum, and cheese. I adore cheese. I eat very little though because it just isn't worth the points for the amount of food I get. But an apple with sharp cheddar is just so yum.

Anyway.....I read the comments after I commented and then had to comment again ;)

mom2nji said...

Wow my fat arse clearly does not eat enough. I would be ready to explode.