Pages

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Well, Butter My Butt And Call Me A Biscuit

I lost four pounds.  In one day.  Eating nearly 2200 calories.  Like I said before, our bodies can be so odd!
Unfortunately, I still feel really full right now and the idea of eating breakfast is not appealing.  Although as a diabetic, I shouldn't go more than 10-12 hours without eating, and I'm at the ten hour mark.

For my four breakfast carbs, I think I'm going to make oatmeal, and cut up an apple right into it.  That should be all four right there.  Maybe sprinkle some cinnamon (not sugar) on top.  My coffee with half and half is my fat.  Still wondering about the protein.  Maybe I'll fry up a few pieces of bacon.  I think two is one protein, I'll have to research that.

Oooh, I received an unexpected compliment from my mom yesterday!  She came over to drop off some stuff and show me her vacation photos.  There is a picture of me and Nicola on my fridge from February/March.  I hung it up on the fridge, but I hate the photo; I look awful and really fat and tired.  I was standing in the hallway and my mom gasped and said, "You can tell you're losing weight just from this picture.  You're losing it in your face!"  That thrilled me to no end because I am pretty over fat face. 

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Awesome!!!

How do nuts count for you? Protein? You could chop almonds into your oatmeal.

I'm with you....1/2 and 1/2 is the only way to go with coffee, unless I'm making a latte. Then I use fat free milk and double strong coffee and a little flavored coffee syrup (they have sugar free and lots of yummy flavors).

You are doing great!! I'm so encouraged to hear about your success. It's keeping motivated to do well this week.

Sarah R said...

I didn't think of almonds; I have to check my book but I'm pretty sure that is a protein! WIN! Because this is bland and kind of flavorless. I'm less than halfway through the oatmeal and I'm glaring at it; as if that is going to turn it into a McGriddle. Ha!
We can motivate each other all day long, Kelly. Did you get your nice cool weather today? We have a high of 85 today...it's a cold front.

Erin said...

Yay Sarah! I'm so happy for you & proud of you too! That's truly amazing to lose 4 pounds in one day WHILE eating that many calories! I'm intrigued! I've also been told that I don't eat enough which is confusing since one would think by looking at me that I eat way too much! You are such an inspiration to me! Love you friend! : )

Sarah R said...

Erin, believe me when I say I was shocked by that too. I'm easily 100 lbs overweight. And yet the hubby is forever saying to me, "You haven't eaten today. Why are you picking at that. Don't you want more?" and I want to scream because I was restricting my calories trying to lose weight, and it wasn't happening for me.

I need to eat lunch in 30 minutes and I literally can't imagine putting more food into me right now.

Kelly said...

Sarah, it is 65 here today and SUNNY!! I love me some sunshine. I walked Chevy 2+ miles this morning after the clouds cleared away. It was 50. Nice morning for a brisk walk :)

Do you use Splenda? You could put brown sugar Spelnda and cinnamon in your oatmeal, too.