Pages

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Hourglass

The scale is not budging, yet I feel smaller and smaller...

Black and white polka dot dress, made by Gabby Skye, size 16W, price is under $20 at Ross.  I should have bought a 14, because it's pretty big on me, but they didn't have one.  So I bought the 16 and that new belt.  It's a size 1x, non descript black stretchy belt for $7 at Ross.  It's also a bit big on me, but I figured I could add holes to it so I went for it.  The shoes are old, my Trotters.  And a pair of black lace earrings I bought off etsy.com.

It appears that the fat arms are making me hold on to that weight, eh?  I complain about them, and do NOTHING about it.  So I should really shut up.

I know you haven't asked, but I'll tell you about my new job.

I hate it.

Ack!  That sounds terrible.  Let me elaborate.  I'm doing authorizations again, and I am bored out of my ever loving mind.  I don't want to do authorizations!  I'm SICK TO DEATH of this.  On Monday, I showed up for my first day and was promptly turned away because my lab work had not come back.  I didn't get to start work until Thursday which really sucked, because missing three days of training on a brand new system threw me off.  And the trainer did not go back over anything, I had to improvise.  Luckily, this system is Windows based so I'm catching on, but I started off feeling very annoyed by the situation, which isn't a great way to start a new job.  

The commute is fine.  It's about a 30 minute drive from my house, no biggie at all.  It's near a Fresh Market, a Ross, and a Panera, which is both awesome and scary because I love those stores and will go broke.  The training is only two weeks long, and that's from 8:30 to 5.  But when the actual position starts, I'll be working 11am to 8pm, which I love!  Time to sleep in a bit, make sure the boys get to school, have breakfast, read my Bible, do a load of laundry, and maybe even fit in some exercise (a new Zumba studio opened near my house!) and have a hot shower without anyone screaming about it being their turn.  Excellent!  And the company?  Oh, I like it a lot.  Great security, really fun people, a relaxed atmosphere.  The place is growing exponentially, so lots of room to grow and mature.  But NO coding positions, period.  It's more business than health, although it revolves around health.  Not only that, but this is a temp position, so no benefits for me yet.  But this place seems to have a lot of potential.  For one, next week is Customer Service Week, and they have dress up days.  Monday is 80s Rock and Roll Day (I have jeans, my new boots and a Metallica tee shirt planned), Tuesday is business day because some upper management people are coming, so regular work wear.  Wednesday is pajama day, I kid you not.  Come to work in your PJs?!?!  Thursday is Breast Cancer Awareness day, so wear pink.  Friday is sports jersey day, plus a cook out!
You're allowed to wear jeans every day, flip flops are fine, tee shirts are ok, and tattoos and piercings are the norm, it seems.  So you can see why it hurts me to admit that I do not like the job itself.  My plan right now is to go to the trainer before class starts and just tell her:  I don't like doing auths.  I assure you, there are so many open positions that I think it won't be a problem being moved.  And if not?  I will stay here until I find a coding position.  I worked on my resume this weekend, and applied for about five coding positions throughout the Central Florida area.  

I got my eyebrows threaded instead of waxed.  It seems to last longer!

Now, back to another issue.  The hair.  I made an appointment with my stylist for next Friday, the 17th.  Of course, the mister called to mention how much he loves my long hair.  Sigh.  I still like the pixie!  I keep looking back of pictures of myself with long hair and it's always up in a bun or ponytail.  I really want to stay short, but I hate disappointing my husband!  I still haven't decided what I'm going to tell my stylist when I get there on Friday.  Either "pixie me" or "help me get it shaped for growing it back out."  Did YOU guys like my long hair?  Do you think it's ugly when it's short?  Do tell!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Love the pixie!! By the way, you should change your picture that says "hi, I'm Sarah". Your face is so much thinner!

Sarah R said...

I am so leaning toward keeping the pixie! And you're right! I guess I do need to change it, thanks for the idea.