Pages

Monday, September 15, 2014

Existing With Flair

I had no idea how much of my identity was wrapped up in my job.
I barely get dressed every day.  In fact, I am right now still in my pajamas.  I applied for six jobs this morning.  I had four cups of coffee and too much bacon just enough bacon.

Still, I persevere.  I'm doing Jamberry which is fun but is definitely not enough to live on, especially since I am not so good at sales.  I rearranged furniture in the entire house which was actually a great move, because we turned our living room into a bedroom for Tiger.  Now our old dining room is our living room, and my office is our dining room.  After all, there was no need for an office for me anymore, right?

I still go to church every Sunday, in fact I am now the leader for the 2x2 program at our church.  It's a program designed to allow kids of any disability to be integrated into a regular Sunday school, just like everyone else.  The previous leaders are leaving to go to another church, and I couldn't let the program just die out.

Hello, gray hair.  I hate you.  Hair is growing out very quickly, as usual.  Missy colored my hair last night so at least I'm dark brown again.  I just have issues with graying hair when my natural hair color is so dark.  I am wondering if it's time to strip my hair down to more of a caramel color so that the grays will blend in better?  Not completely blonde, but more of a light brown with caramel honey highlights?

Red and white dress, size 18.  Can't even remember the name of it, but I've had it for at least 5 years.  And my trusty red Target flats.  I think you can tell I'm not thrilled with this look today, although I got lots of compliments.

Guess what.  I wore this to church, and went right back to pajamas as soon as I got home.  Just not feeling it lately, guys.  I'm sure you can understand.


I have my CPC exam in two weeks, and I have barely studied.  I don't believe I'm depressed, because I'm in a pretty good mood most of the time.  I got my last check last week and bought a ton of groceries to carry us through until my unemployment is approved.  Plus I have another job interview tomorrow at a local hospital.  It's not for coding (more patient insurance junk, Lord I've had enough of that but hey, money is money, right?) but I just need something to do.  Although there is plenty to do in this house.

Husband is back at work in the truck, and my daughter has a job interview this week also, with a data entry company that gives 40 hours per week Monday through Friday, and benefits.  One of her friends already works there, so the interview is a formality more than anything else.  If she does get the job, she's planning to move out with her best friend (who is married with a baby!) and that is just going to be the weirdest thing ever.  Then Tiger will move out of the modified bedroom into her room, and I can finally have a proper sitting room next to my fireplace.  I'm actually kind of happy about that.  But I will miss her...just not her mood swings and crappy attitude.  I have a feeling that once she's on her own, she'll realize how good she had it here and be a bit kinder.  At least I hope so.  We're also planning on her taking over the payments on my Durango once she gets the full time job.  I've had enough of driving that behemoth, and she loves it because she's into "muddin."  (That's Southern talk for driving a vehicle through mud and dirt and getting filthy.)  My Durango is a 4x4 so it's perfect for that.  Until I am working again, I can use hubby's Dodge Ram and then I'm hoping to get my first new car.  I'm almost 40 and I've NEVER had a new car.  Due to some excellent planning, I have some money set aside and I'm hoping to buy a vehicle in cash.  But we'll see.

So I guess that's enough for now.  Today is a student holiday so I'm going to drive one of my boys to a friend's house and I really should sit down and study my modifiers for my CPC in two weeks.  Have a great day!


2 comments:

Jill said...

Thanks for update! I've been wondering how you are doing and now I know. I think you are right about missy, she'll figure it out when she realizes how good she had it!

Cheriz Angel said...

Transitions like that can be hard, but kind of exciting with considering new perspectives. At least you look cute.