Pages

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Hot Rollers With Short Hair

Since I wasn't doing anything tonight, I decided to play with my hot rollers.  A staple for long haired ladies, mine have languished for the past two months, collecting dust under my sink.  The top of my pixie is about two and a half to three inches long...I wonder if it would work?  Even if it's a disaster, no one will see but me...and YOU.  Note:  my hair was colored about two weeks ago, and is about four days dirty.  It's about a million percent humidity and 93 degrees today (kill me, whydontcha.)


Plug in your hot rollers.  And excuse that gray strip on the side of my photo, and also the horrible countertop.  Lord have mercy, I'd love about 10 grand to fix this bathroom.  My kids bathroom is worse, though.    

First I sprayed heat protector (Tresseme) in my hair, then this.  It made my hair literally stand up on end without any help!  I took a picture of it but my phone refuses to upload it.  Bummer.  My phone also refused to upload a single picture of me rolling my hair.  But you know to roll your own hair, right?

I took a basic rat tail comb and section the top of my head into five sections.  Two toward the back of my head, one for my bangs, and two for the sections that were left in the middle.  The two back sections, I rolled backwards.  The three front sections, I rolled forwards.  I used the larger red rollers toward the back of my head, and the smaller black rollers closer to my face.  Then, I took two of the smaller rollers, and did the two side pieces by my ears.  I rolled them toward my face.  Does that make sense?  I clipped little banana clips on my hot rollers because those metal pins never want to say on the roller.  Then I got something to drink and played a game on my phone while I waited for the rollers to cool.  Normally I'd say that's a good time to do your makeup, but I'm not going anywhere so there was no real point.

Ummm...that's some big hair you got there, Sarah  Also, pardon my posture.  I'm not 6 months pregnant...or pregnant at all for that matter.  I'm just leaning back to take the picture..

Not sure if I like it yet.  Maybe I need to grab the rat tail comb and play with it a bit.

That's better!  Now, I'd normally say it's time to spray this creation into submission with some firm control hair spray, but I'm just going to take a shower and go to bed soon, so I didn't take that final step.

Yes.  I definitely like it!  I like the curly side piece by my ear, and how you can see my very cute earrings dangling.  Yep!  I'll be doing this again!

What do you think?  Winner, or back to the drawing board?  I like it a lot!

Oh.  Here's the back.  I don't feel the need to mess with the back.  It's too short to put in the hot rollers.  Should I have hit it with the curling iron or do you think it's fine the way it is?

And that's it for me for tonight, my friends.  Tomorrow I have a very early morning because I have to drive to Orlando with my CPU for a Windows upgrade.  So I'll be working on my accounts early in the morning, clocking out at noon, driving to Orlando, and staying there while I get my upgrade.  Then I get to drive home during rush hour.  Yaaaaay!  So I'm hoping to clock in around 6am so I can get at least 5 hours of work in before I have to get dressed professionally and be at the main hospital.  While I'm there, I'm hoping to run into the director of the financial department.  I haven't seen her in years and I want to get an update on the new women's tower being built.  The hospital I work for is building an entire new tower devoted to women's health.  There will be a lot of openings and I'd love to be considered.  The best part is, the new Sunrail system drops off directly in the center of the hospital campus, so I'd only have to drive about 20 minutes to nearby Debary, and take the train!  As many of you know, I grew up in NYC and I'm very comfortable on public transit.  And what I haven't shared yet is that again, I did not get the job I applied for in my department several weeks ago.  What hurt the most is that the job went to someone who had not even been in our department for a year.  NOT ONE YEAR.  I've been here for 13 1/2 years.  I didn't cry, but I admit that I feel a bit...glum.  Glum is a good word.  And trapped is another good one.  So maybe if I see the director, I can hint (or heck, just directly tell her!) that I'm interested in new positions and would love to be considered.  What could it hurt, right?

2 comments:

Londyn said...

I love experimenting with hair and makeup! Rollers are ones I try a few times a year and am never quite sure on either - sometimes I like them and sometimes a total bust :) LOL

www.fashionistastyle1.blogspot.com

Sarah R said...

I would love to see you try hot rollers, Londyn! And congrats on the arrival of baby Ava. I can't wait to see her on your blog.