Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A New And Noisy Blessing

We have a new addition to our family.

This is Poe.  And my right foot.

 
My friend Jenn put a picture of this little girl on FB stating that she needed to be rehomed.  Jenn already has a 5 year old black lab who did not take kindly to this puppy. This puppy wandered onto her property.  Jenn has 6 kids and is due with her seventh in March and just didn't have time to take care of a 3 month old puppy.  My son Tiger saw the post, fell in love, and we were at her house in under an hour.  We've had Poe for two days now, and it's actually gone quite well.  A couple of potty accidents but nothing we didn't really expect. 

Poe's original name was Sarah, if you can believe that, so she's not quite responding to her new name yet.  We were told she was Jack Russell, but I don't think she is.  I have been on google quite a bit since we got her, and I'm thinking she is American foxhound.  When we take her to the vet, I will ask their opinion.  And it's hard to tell from this picture, but she has one brown eye and one blue eye.  She is quite striking.  She loves to play and dig, and she is also a chewer so I had to put all my shoes up which is actually a good thing.  She already barks when someone rings the doorbell or knocks, and I'm pleased to have a "guard dog" again. 

Other things she does: bites your feet, chases the cats (oh goodness the cats hate Poe, but I think Poe thinks they are great fun) and tries to climb into the dishwasher.  Lots of training to be done, but I hope she stays good and healthy for a long time.  She is adorable and I've had fun with her so far.  She is supposedly Tiger's dog, but once he goes off to school, I'm sure she will be all up in my business.  Let the fun begin!

No comments: