Pages

Sunday, January 5, 2014

It's Not Snowing Here

Don't be hatin, northeast and Midwest United States.  I might not be getting snow right now, but we get hurricanes.   It is sunny and 80 degrees today.  Perfect beach weather.

I know these pictures aren't great, but I managed to get a feverish, phlegmy, snot infused 16 year old off the couch to take pictures.  I'll take what I can get.  Can you tell that Poe already follows me all over the place?

Walmart black maxi dress, bought summer 2013.  Target cardigan, bought January 2013.  Leopard shoes, Target autumn 2013.  And crazy orange necklace and earrings, Sanford Flea World December 2013.  Can't recommend the necklace, though.  It broke before I got to wear it even once.  Had to bring it to my mom's house to fix.

I had to lose the cardi as soon as I got home.  Was sweating terribly.  And this dress is a bit too busty to wear to church on its own, for sure.  Oh, my sunglasses are from Lane Bryant, autumn 2013.  I stepped on my prescription sunglasses and broke them!  OH THE AGONY.

Hair. 
So far, life with Poe has been a bit difficult.  She's a great puppy, but training her is driving my poor son crazy.  The puppy is very willful, doesn't follow direction, and bites everything and everyone.  I know she'll calm down.  It's just tough while she's learning. 

Here's a close up of the necklace.  I bought it from the local flea market.  Before I even opened the box, the top part near the chain had snapped in half.  I was SO upset; I know it's just cheap jewelry (cost me $14.99) but I am trying to find orange accessories to go with my other clothes for when I have to wear orange on first Sunday of the month (which just happened to be today.)  My mom was able to snap the broken pieces out, then pull other stones out, so that it would be symmetrical, then she fixed the links.  How blessed I am to have my mom do that for me!  Oh, and that is my black cami peeking out there.  No bra shots on this blog if I can help it. 

 
So have decided to make a few changes to the blog.  No worries, nothing major.  But I'm going to do a Bible verse at the end of every post.  I've also decided that instead of buying stuff from Target and Walmart and such, I'm going to buy one piece from Etsy.com every month and showcase it.  It might be jewelry, it might be clothing, it might be for me, one of my kids, or one of my pets.  Etsy is not this week since it's so soon after Christmas, but today I'll end with a verse and pray you all have a wonderful New Year. 

Wash and make yourselves clean. Take your evil deeds out of my sight; stop doing wrong. Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow. Isaiah 1:16-17 NIV

No comments: