Pages

Monday, December 30, 2013

Get Out Of Here, 2013. You Sucked.

Nutmeg and I just chilling on a rainy Sunday morning.

Dear 2013.  You sucked in a horrendous way.  One year ago on New Years Eve, I started the process of losing my Baby Fergus.  Then again in December of this year, I lost another one, violently. My husband still hasn't found a local job.   My daughter wasn't allowed to graduate with her senior class due to missing a final exam by 8 points even though she had a B average all four years.  I didn't find the coding job I wanted, our washing machine broke four times, flooded and ruined the floors we put in about four years ago.  But despite all these things, all I can think is:  "But, God."

w
So while I am weary, tired, and sad, I don't give up.  I keep going.  I go in my room, and cry out to my God and say "Why" quite a bit.  It's ok to do that, He doesn't mind.   I lean on Him more and more.  He wants me to do that, to stop leaning on my own understanding and come to my Father God to depend on him.  
My mom made this for me for Christmas.  Of course, I love it.

Oh, and don't get me started on this hair.  I should have included it in my 2013 disaster list.

Wishing my readers a wonderful 2014, with peace, blessings, and happiness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're so right about depending on God. The last 3 years have been a complete upheaval for me- it seems like I can't even think straight. All I knew to do was to cry out to the Father and depend on Him...and I've found that was all I did need to know! I'm praying for you everyday- I hope 2014 will be a wonderful year full of blessings for you and your family.♡- Cindy

Sarah R said...

I'll be praying for the same for you and your family, Cindy.