Pages

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Well, That's More Like It

I woke up this morning shivering. Shivering?  I threw back my blanket, ran into the kitchen and checked out the thermostat. 31!!! At last, Christmas weather!  I finally did decorate my tree, and decided that this Saturday would be my cleaning day.  And that is what I did all morning.  I feel great, my house looks better, and it smells better too.  Here's what I did today:

1) Washed my quilt and all the potholders.
2) Made breakfast and had coffee.
3) Cleaned off the dining room table, just so I could use it as a folding table for all the laundry that was piled up.
4) Hung my clean quilt outside instead of using the dryer.
5) Cleaned and sanitized the counters, microwave, stovetop.
6) Ran a load of dishes.
7) Folded and put away last week's laundry which was clean but just waiting on me to finish up.
8) Talked to my husband who is still in NC...praying he makes it home for Christmas Eve, which is his birthday!
9) Convinced my mother-in-law not to buy me one of those nasty sugar free cakes for Christmas.  Don't feel sorry for me that I can't have dessert; I'm making my lower-sugar pumpkin pie and I'm perfectly happy with that!
10) Took a long hot shower, washed my hair, shaved my legs.

Things I still need to do:

1) Clean my bathroom before Mr. R gets home on his birthday.
2) Buy Missy's gift; no worries, she knows I don't have it yet.  I can't buy this without her; we're buying her a new mattress for Christmas.
3) Wrap a few gifts, but I'm practically done.
4) Go grocery shopping.
5) Sweep and mop, I love this Christmas tree but it's dropping needles like crazy.
6) Drive Tiger to his girlfriend's house for dinner.
7) Figure out what to make for dinner for me, Bucket and Missy tonight.
8) Clean my desk...goodness I just can't keep that thing clean!
9) Make the pumpkin pies for Mr. R's sister's house for Christmas Eve.
10) Take a nap!

Still no pictures of me, since I'm old and tired, but I do have other pictures to share today!

Look at my handsome son playing bass guitar at the Christmas concert at his high school!  He's knocking out a jazzy version of Jingle Bells here.

I made this ornament for my 5th Christmas.  I'm so glad my mom took the time to date stuff when I was younger.  Hard to believe 1980 was thirty-two years ago!

A boy and his cat are rarely separated.

Missy and Tiger, being goofy one night.

No comments: