I am not taking a picture today. I went to bed without taking a shower last night and I am Miss Greasy Head. Maybe another day. But I woke up feeling great, and so happy and content, that I just had to share!
1) I am happy that Mr. R and I splurged on a solar panel for our home and we have unlimited hot water. I cannot WAIT to take a long, hot shower on my lunch break today!
2) I had a conference for Bucket yesterday. And while I am not a fan of the school system in my area, I met a few dedicated, concerned teachers yesterday who truly seemed to care about my son. I never felt that way when he was in middle school! I am hopeful that high school will open many doors for him. He has a new "case manager" who helps all children on the autism spectrum, and we traded emails and she invited him to a special club on Mondays for the spectrum kids to hang out and make friends. I hear all they talk about is video games. LOL.
3) I am grateful that I have both short and long term disability so that I can take time off next summer to be with my new baby! I had such crappy jobs when I was pregnant back in the 90s that I only took three or four days off before I had to go back to work. Right now, I'm planning on at least two months off, and I'm hoping I can go for three, but that depends on how Mr. R's job is doing next summer.
4) I am grateful that the decaf I bought seems to be doing the trick. While I'm still tired from both being pregnant and going cold turkey off caffeine, at least I still get to have my tradition of a warm cup of joe in the mornings.
5) I am grateful I woke up to a rainy morning. I just love rain. It makes my house feel cozy and precious. I am pretending it is 50 degrees colder than it is, and that it's actually snowfall outside my window. A girl can dream.
6) I am grateful for the 24 hour Christmas music station on my cable. I'm jamming to "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer" as I type this. I love Christmas music!
7) I am grateful for a 15 year old boy who found me falling asleep on the couch at 8:30 last night, made me go to bed, and then cleaned the kitchen for me (although not perfectly.) He knew I needed some sleep!
8) I'm grateful that I'm making onion encrusted chicken strips tonight. It's like grown up chicken nuggets and I love them! I'm also very grateful that I feel capable of eating again. Being hungry and being disgusted at food at the same time really stinks.
9) I'm so incredibly grateful to a sweet husband who calls me several times a day to ask me how my sugar levels are, how my back feels, if I've had a nap, and if I'm eating right. I'm sure it's the pregnancy hormones, but I'm just so in love with him right now. I get weepy even thinking about how much I adore this man. I'm so sappy, I can't help it.
10) Very grateful that I don't suffer from hyperemesis like Duchess Kate! I can't imagine being so sick that I end up in the hospital. I did have a friend who had it as well and she was so miserable. And also thanks to Duchess Kate for taking the heat off me; more people care about her baby than mine!
And that's it...what are you grateful for these days?