Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Nada

Unfortunately, this month is another miss.  I didn't even have to take the test.  Late last night, that familiar cramping started so I knew it was not to be.  Am I sad?  Yes, kind of.  I keep reminding myself of how blessed I already am.  A husband who loves me, three kids who tolerate me (ha!) a job that I'm good at, although bored with, a wonderful church family, a ministry I believe in, a God who loves me.  A small but comfy house, a safe car to drive, food in my cabinets, very little debt.  How can I complain?

In completely different news, we are having a solar panel installed on our roof today, plus a new hot water heater.  We are hoping this will cut our power bill significantly.  If it works, we will probably have more installed, and be rid of our electric bill completely!  I don't about my readers in other parts of the country (and world), but our power bill can be ridiculous.  I know it's partially because I work from home, and so I use lights, power, plus I'm forever cooking and doing laundry and dishes.  Plus four-five people who take hot showers daily.  Let's not forget air conditioning!  My power bill runs from 250-400 in the summer, and that's with a new air conditioning unit.  In the winter, it's much lower, usually in the 150 range.  I will let my readers know how this solar panel ends up working out for us. 

I like being "green."  I am big into recycling.  We have four recycling bins I fill every week.  I could honestly use at least one, maybe two more.  I fill them to the rim every week.  And I am proud to say that I may only have one bag of garbage per week for a house with three teenagers in it.  Sometimes more, depending on what I've cleaned out, but it's pretty low.  Reduce, reuse, recycle!

2 comments:

Lisa in Texas = ) said...

Just wanted to drop by and say sorry about the negative to being pregnant. You have a great idea of focusing on the postive things in your life.
Lisa :O)

Sarah R said...

Thanks, Lisa. Being depressed surely would get me nowhere. I have much to be grateful for!