Pages

Sunday, May 6, 2012

I Can't Take It Anymore

This hair will be gone by next weekend.  I've had enough.  It looks awful in every.single.shot I take.  I cringe when I see pictures, when absolutely lovely outfits and carefully done make up is undermined by my straggly, unkempt and horrendous hair.  Mr. R is on a trip to NJ right now, and probably won't be back until Memorial Day weekend (yes, will likely miss my birthday on May 15.)  I think that age is truly starting to affect my hair, and not in a good way.  I always wonder why older women cut their hair; well, now I'm an "older" woman and I get it.  It doesn't look carefree in a lovely beachy way; I look like I'm not taking care of myself!

Is it a bird's nest?  A rat's nest?  A wilted bouffant?

Poof, plus wilted,  plus gray = GROSS.

Which is a shame because my outfit is super cute!  Merona dress bought off eBay for $10 I think?  I did have to amend it.  It's a true wrap dress meaning once that belt comes off, the whole dress falls apart.  I sewed a snap at the top to hold it together.   Wearing my nude Merona flats which I bought for $6.88 back in 2009 or 2010, and a pair of earrings I bought at Goodwill for 50 cents about a year ago.  I'm so glad I'm not allergic to cheap jewelry!

I took my first set of pictures outside and Missy said that no one looks cute when they're squinting.

By the way, it's a high of 93 today.  Truly disgusting.  Wildfires abound in my hood.  Thankfully, there is a 40% chance of rain tomorrow, and 60% for Tuesday!  Praise God, hooray and thank you!  We need rain so badly!

6 comments:

Taylor said...

First of all, that dress is SO CUTE. It looks terrific on you! I can't do wrap dresses - I am too lumpy after two c-sections. Second of all - I am SO GLAD to be rid of my hair, mua-ha-ha-ha. (Evil laugh.)

Sarah R said...

How did I know you'd be one of my first comment-ers since I'm whining about my hair again? LOL! BTW, yours looks great. Isn't it amazing what a good cut and color can do for a girl?

Jennifer M. said...

I need a haircut so badly too! I can never seem to get myself to make an appointment though. It seems like such a hassle to me. Lol. I think my issue is that I hate that you have to plan ahead to get a haircut. I'm so not a planner. ;P

Sarah R said...

See, I am totally a planner! I just HATE spending money on myself. I mean, I like thrifting and finding great deals but I have such crazy hair that getting a cheap haircut is just not an option. So I feel like I have to justify it. Why, I don't know.

RJ said...

I think you look very pretty :)
Hi I am renee, I just found your blog :)

Sarah R said...

Well, thanks Renee! Welcome to my blog! :D