Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

Location: Nerdville. Population: Meeeeee!

I took the time to drop some of Missy's books off at the library.  Decided to actually peruse the aisles and I am so glad I did!  I found a biography of Laura Ingalls Wilder, and I am nerdily excited to read it.  In fact, I left the books in my car when I returned to work, because I knew I'd be tempted to read while working, and that just wouldn't work out.

As soon as I drop her boyfriend off at his house (I swear this kid is here almost 24/7!) I am going to change into my warm jammies, leap into bed, and read!
No sleeping in tomorrow, as Missy has her first drivers ed class at 8am (what a bunch of jerks!).  I don't have a ton of money this week, but I may scout around some yard sales since I'm going to be up at the butt crack of dawn anyway.

Do you have any weekend plans?

2 comments:

Jennifer M. said...

Fun fun!! My weekend plans also center around reading (typography books). It's homework, but it's still nerdy fun and I'm actually really enjoying it!!

PS: that book sounds fun - you'll have to let me know how it goes. :)

Sarah R said...

It made me cry; she had to take care of her husband who had a stroke the first year of their marriage. Her only son died. Their crops failed. They moved to Florida but the weather made her sick (I get that!) but the cold in SD made her husband ill. So they settled in Missouri away from their family. Her daughter moved away, and she had to watch as her entire family died. Her parents and her three sisters all passed away, and then her husband, and they had been married for like 70 years. She passed away ten years after her husband, completely alone. It was beautiful, almost haunting. And yes, I did cry. I felt so bad for her, but she loved her life!