Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Casting Anxiety

Hooray, I got my camera back!
Boo, the program which uploads my data and displays my pictures is not working!

I had a bit of a meltdown over the weekend and yesterday.  You see, I was rejected for ANOTHER job at the hospital, without the benefit of even an interview.  "Crushed" is an excellent word to describe my demeanor.  And then my friend Bryan sent me this verse, and I am leaning on it so heavily:

Casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you. – 1 Peter 5:7

YES.  YES!  He cares about me, so I'm casting my anxiety on Him.  This morning, after the children left, Mr. R and I made a decision about my career:

One, no more applying for jobs right now.  Bucket is still in middle school, and he is still not mature enough to get ready for school on his own, so there is no need to leave him alone in the mornings. 

Two, ICD9 (which is the coding style I am certified for) is not even going to be a valid coding system as of October 2013.  So, I'm going to order the study materials to pass the new exam for ICD10 instead, and be ready for that.  That gives me almost two years to prepare.  That also gives Mr. R and I chance to find out if we are going to have a new baby. 

Three, by October 2013, Missy will have graduated high school, and only the boys will be left in high school.  With both boys in the same school, my life will not be quite as hectic. 

So there you have it.  I feel SO relieved, like I just figured out something monumental and now I can relax!  Let's bring on the babymaking!!!

P.S.  Tiger's music teacher will be over on Thursday, hopefully he can fix my computer.  It is just doing stupid crap again.  Wondering if I should replace laptop at this point.

No comments: