Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Hair, Spiders and Buck

I wore this to church today. Yes, it is warm enough to wear flip flops.  In fact, the red top made me sweat.  Red and brown is probably one of my favorite color combinations.  My flip flops are leopard print and are my absolute favorite.  I've had them for three years and I know there is not much life left in them.  I will be heartbroken when they finally fall apart.

Is this skirt too long?  I like a longer skirt.  I bought this to wear to my internship next week.  A solid A-line skirt is a great investment.  I can wear this with any color in my wardrobe!

New song I started to sing when I saw this picture: "Honkytonk Badonkadonk."  Which is redneck talk for "that is one enormous caboose you've got there, lady."  Oh, and can you see my tattoo on my right ankle?  It's a blue and purple bird holding a rose.

I need to avoid side profiles.  Still, I can see that from past pictures, that gut is starting to shrink.

Cotton skirts sure wrinkle fast.


I'm wearing a dark brown cami underneath the red top.  This shirt is mostly modest, but if I bend down to pick something up, you tend to get a quick trip to Hooterville.  So on with the cami.



On with the outfit details:
Red top: Coldwater Creek, size 2x.  It's a bit big on me, but I've had this top for at least 5-6 years and get compliments every time I wear it.  I think wrap tops are very flattering on me.  I think I found this at Goodwill for $5.  It is starting to pill and I need to buy one of those little things that yank pills off your clothing.  I may look for that today.
Brown cami underneath that you can hardly see: Walmart, maybe $3.  It is falling apart, and I need to fix it because it is lacy on the bottom and top and I love how that peeks through an average outfit.  Plus dark brown is a surprisingly hard color to find.  I find lots of khaki but not chocolate.
Skirt:  scored off eBay for $10.  It is a size 18/20 and fits great.
Brown leopard flip flops, $5 at Target about 3 years ago.  I love these things.
Jewelry: Avenue, matching necklace and earrings, probably $15 for the set.


Every morning, I walk into my backyard with my cup of coffee and admire nature.  I know, it's just my backyard.  But for a girl who grew up in Queens, owning a 1/4 acre is a big deal.  I relish the outdoors when it's not blistering hot.  Anyway, I walked outside and saw this: spiderwebs nesting in my crepe myrtle tree.  A bunch of them overnight!  The dew was glistening in them and I just had to take some pictures.

What an amazing creation, the spiderweb.  How pretty they are!


Can't forget Buck, who followed me throughout the entire yard, rubbing on my legs.  He is such a sweet kitty.  I love him dearly.  His brother Jack died last week.  I'm pretty sure Buck is in mourning.  He's been following me around quite a bit more than usual, and trying to sleep on my feet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute outfit! No I don't think the skirt is too long. I think its just the right length - your body looks very well-proportioned in it.

Miriam said...

hey lady, you are looking great!! oh and you're hilarious as always!! Hang in there with your internship, it's only a week... it's only a week!