Pages

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Stylish Sarah on New Year Day

Sexy red Kiyonna dress.  eBay?  About $30.  Black and white cardigan, $14 at JcPenney's on 12/31.  Ridiculous, painful high heels: Zappos.com, I don't remember the price.  I threw my red flip flops in the car and wore them for the entire reception.

Same outfit he wore for the TSO concert in December.  Plus iPod he received for Christmas.

Black jeans and black tee shirt, both from KMart.  (No, I didn't dress him up for the wedding.  He has issues with seams in clothing and I just avoided the situation.  Blessedly, the bride and groom know us very well and didn't care how he was dressed.

Tye-dyish dress, Kohl's.  $30.

This must be the hairy pew at the wedding.  Oh, I'm not posting any pics of the bride and groom on my blog.  They didn't give me permission and I love and respect them too much to do so.

January 1, 2011: 80 degrees.  Bright sunshines.

Less than an hour into it and he's bored.  This is going to be trouble.

I would not let him bring his iPod to the reception, so he's annoyed.

It's sparking cider!  And they all three liked it and felt very grown up when they sipped it for the toast.

Someone is growing up too fast anyway.

I was having a good time, but Bucket was truly trying my patience.

Bucket creates art when he's bored.


I insisted on taking a picture of the artist next to his masterpiece.  Annoying older brother included for your viewing pleasure.

This is what I get when I say, "Let's take a picture together!"

Ah, the typical bathroom shot that all teenagers seem to adore.
I went to a beautiful, God filled wedding on January 1, 2011, which coincidentally started at 1pm.  I really pondered over what I was going to wear.  I love my sexy red Kiyonna dress, but this was a religious wedding.  I rarely wear this dress for this very reason.  The neckline is a keyhole design which basically shows most of my cleavage.  That's why I put the cardigan on top.  Now it looks classy and sophisticated.  The bride actually complimented my dress too, so that was great.  She was a beautiful bride and I wish her much love and happiness for the future.  I am actually friends with her husband first, who has been a blessing to me because he is an autism teacher, plus the father of a child with autism also.  It is such a blessing to have people like that in my life!

The kids are back to school tomorrow, and I'm grateful.  I love them, but when they're bored for two weeks; ugh!  It's hard to get work done and my grocery bill seemed to double.  I love the holidays so much, but I'm happy to get back to our normal routine.

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

You all look so good!

My 20 year old doesn't go back to work until the 6th! Since Dec. 22, he's only worked 1 day. I am OH SO ready for the boy to be working again. Really I'm ready for him to get his act together and move back out. I love him, but I liked him much better across town LOL.

Sarah R said...

I'm really looking forward to Missy getting a job. I think the only time she speaks to me is when she wants money. I think her attitude will improve greatly once she is earning her own spend money. Plus then she can understand the value of a dollar.