Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

YMCA Update

Hi all!  I finally, finally, FINALLY have my laptop back!  I am so happy that you're back in my life, Ruby.  I'm sorry that mean ol virus got you all sick!
Ahem.  Anyway!
I am still going to the Y, still working out.  Not consistently.  My kids go back to school next week already, and I'm really going to work harder at getting there on my lunch break.  However, I am pleased to report that since I started at the Y on June 6, I have lost:  6 pounds. 

Hoooooooray!!!  I wish it were more, but hey, I will take what I can get.  I have not done anything about my diet because I have real issues with logging onto personal websites on my hospital computer.  But I have my laptop back and now I can work on my intake with help from ol Ruby here.  (Ruby is my laptop.  What...yours doesn't have a name?)

Tonight, I had a piece of grilled chicken (I don't own a food scale, maybe I should, I have no idea how many servings my chicken was) and roasted broccoli with a very tiny amount of pasta.  I'm thinking it was two forkfuls.  The roasted broccoli was absolutely divine and I will definitely be making it again.  I took an entire head of broccoli, and cut off the ends.  I like the florets.  Sprinkled olive oil on it, sprinkled Mrs. Dash on it, then popped in the oven for about 15 minutes.  Then sprinkled a bit of parmeson cheese on top.  I ate nearly an entire head of broccoli.  It was GOOD!  I don't feel like I'm being deprived at all, although I am pretty thirsty and guess I should get another glass of water.

Anyway, just thought I would report on my loss since you guys have been praying for me!  It has worked, definitely. 

No comments: