Pages

Sunday, July 25, 2010

No One EVER Comes to My Pity Party!

So yes, I've been down in the dumps for a past few days. It is more than the diabetes. The fact that both of our laptops are now broken, and I don't have the money to fix either one. That I did three loads of dishes yesterday, and I still have a full sink. That my schoolwork is due...and honey, I just don't care anymore. Yet I have so much to be grateful for:

  • I have diabetes, but not my husband (who would have to quit his job, as truckers can't be diabetic) or my children. Through Christ, I can shoulder it. I would rather have it than any of them.
  • Mr. R will get paid this week, and I can get at least one laptop repaired, hopefully!
  • Mr. R is home this weekend, and it's been fun having him here. He just took my car to get washed for me; including the windows! Hallejulah!
  • I woke up this morning. Had breakfast. Had coffee. Read the paper. Was able to attend church in a free country without prosecution. How blessed am I?
  • I graduate from school in a year. With a very hard earned associate's degree.
  • Was flipping through a few magazines, and checking out diabetic cookbooks. I think with a few substitutions, I CAN have my pumpkin pie, my Christmas cookies, and maybe even a cheesecake.
  • Mr. R was hugging me and was able to cross his arms over my back for the first time in years. The scale may not be reflecting it, but my body is changing from the exercise!

Yes, yes. While things have changed in weird ways, I need to recognize the blessings all around me. Recently, I was praying to God that I would find Him in the little, ordinary things. In a crazy sunshower. In the sunrises and sunsets, in the rustling of trees, of sand at the beach and crashing ocean waves. He is everywhere, if I'd just stop to look.

2 comments:

cheeky rose said...

I feel those are the best places to meet god in the everyday things have a great day

Sarah R said...

Thanks, cheeky curves. Great name, too! :D