Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Someone Out There Loves Me

Last Friday, it was my sister Kelly's birthday. We went out to a restaurant to celebrate. Armed with my new diagnosis, I scanned that menu like a claim from an insurance company. I settled on a salad which was not good. No dessert for me, either. And I drank water, which is good for you and I don't mind that. But I went home sad. I guess she noticed.

She called me, shrieking today. "I BOUGHT YOU A PRESENT!!!" Color me shocked because helloooo, it was her birthday, not mine. Knowing that sugary treats are out of my reach now, she bought me...get this...hand soap that smells like candy corn. My favorite Halloween treat. "I know you can't eat them anymore, so I figured you'd like to smell like it instead!" my sister chirped. I can't wait to try out my hand soap...maybe if I slather it all over my hands, and then eat my hands, that will still be considered low carb?

1 comment:

Randal, Erin & our 5 sweet Girlies said...

It's ME, it's ME, it's MEEEEEEE! : ) Well, techincally *I* didn't send you yummy smelling soap but I DO love you! : ) Wish I could smell your soap, I LOVE candy corn too!