Pages

Monday, November 16, 2009

First Night

Tonight is Mr. R's first night at his new job. Seems ok so far. He called me to say that it seemed very basic, just annoying fighting Orlando traffic even this late in the day. Well, it's not NYC, hahaha.

I haven't had much to say on here lately. I am loving the class I am taking right now, Basic Procedure Coding. I have an A and it's coming very easily to me...maybe because I've already been doing this for the past 8 years for a living!

We picked a ton of oranges from the neighborhood tree (the abandoned house next door. If we don't pick them, they're just going to go bad!) My friend Renee took half of them, and I am inspired to make some dry zest to keep on hand, and some sweet orange bread to keep in the freezer. I also have a juicer, and want to learn how to make citrus sauce for chicken and pork.

I also did my first event as a coordinator for the 2x2 program at the autism walk last weekend. I was only supposed to be shadowing and learning how to speak to stranger, but our booth was so insanely busy, that I just jumped in and started talking to people. It was so easy, we had our faith and the autism in common. Total strangers cried on my shoulder as they told me stories of their little ones being asked to leave church. You could see the exhaustion on the face of many of the moms. I say MOMS because I saw very few dads...the divorce rate, from what I understand, is 83% for parents of autistic children. And that was when I checked a few years ago. I know a few dedicated daddies, but I mostly know moms who do it all on their own. As much as I like school and my job (sometimes) I felt so alive during this event. I was shocked when the four hours were over. My feet were killing me (note to self, don't ever wear a dress and sandals to an event. ow ow ow ow ow ow). I don't know if this ministry is my calling, but I did have a lot of fun and can't wait to do it again!

No comments: