Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tell Your People You Love Them

It's been a hard week for me. Even though I posted cheerful back to school pictures on Monday, I was crying inside. One of my dear friends, a coworker named Tammy, lost her precious husband over the weekend. He drowned in the surf off the very beach I just vacationed at, due to Hurricane Bill.

I simply can't imagine having a great day at the beach, swimming with my husband, then watching him get swept out to sea, trying to reach him and instead watching him drown. I am weeping now, just thinking of my friend desperately trying to reach him, and not being able to. Blessedly, they were able to find his body, and they are having a funeral on Thursday. He was only 54.

So please, when you get home from work tonight, forget about the frustrations of work, traffic, and silly crap. Kiss your husband, hug your kids, and remember what's important in life. Life can be horrifyingly too short for some. Just love them while you can, ok?

No comments: