Pages

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Being Prepared

Well, Mr. R's sister moved out. Her new boyfriend is paying for her new apartment. (Yes, I know she's married. I won't get into it...but le sigh.)
Her estranged husband, Jay, since he can't find Sissy (we are hiding her for now, I'm sure you can imagine why) has apparently decided to make me his target. Sissy made the error of telling him that "when you were at their house, Sarah got up to load the gun." Great. Thanks. So he told Mr. R, "Next time I come up there, she better be prepared to shoot." And yes, I do take that as a threat, and yes, I am ready. I finally practiced opening the case, but the gun is loaded inside the case and is in an area where I can reach it. I am terrified, but I'm also VERY VERY ANGRY that this man (and seriously, that is using the term lightly, as a real man would not try to hurt a woman) would even consider taking his frustrations out on me. So if he comes by, I will call the police, but if I have to shoot him to protect me and the kids...so be it. It's all on him.

In other news, school is done for the summer. As of August, I will have two middle schoolers and a high schooler. Bucket starts sixth grade, and Missy starts ninth grade. You know I'll be crying when that day comes.

In the meantime, I'll be posting pictures of Bucket's graduation ceremony from fifth grade shortly. I cried so hard that I'm not in any of the pictures, because I looked like a snot sucking walrus. And that is putting it kindly.

4 comments:

Kathi said...

Dear Sarah, Don't try to take on this man yourself. Please take out a restraining order to document his threats. You certainly don't need for your children to experience fear in their own home.
I'm concerned and will keep you in my prayers. I'm glad your SIL moved out but he still needs to be dealt with...

Sarah R said...

I haven't yet, but plan on doing so on Monday. Keep praying, Kathi. I'm really hoping he's all talk and no walk.

Amanda said...

Wow, that situation with your sister-in-law is horrible. But I have to admit, the snot sucking walrus comment made me laugh. :) I also have to say, that I admire your restraint when you didn't shoot the guy in the first place. LOL

Sarah R said...

Well, hi Amanda, and welcome! Yes, it is creepy and scary. I'm new to this whole "domestic violence" thing, praise the Lord. It truly makes me realize how wonderful my own husband is!
The only reason I didn't get to shoot him is because I mishandled the gun...user error, as they say. I practiced over the weekend just in case, but so far, haven't heard a peep. Amen.