Pages

Saturday, March 7, 2009

I'm Too Short to Wear Capris, and Other Nonsense

I don't normally log in on a Saturday, but all three kids are gone. Really! Bucket and Tiger are over at a friend's birthday, and Missy is out with her friend Jennifer. The house is quiet. And instead of studying, I'm blogging. Oh please. Like you're any different.
This morning, Missy and I drove over to Sanford. I had to renew our membership at BJ's (which is like Sam's, so no jokes!) and get gas there because gas is like 15 cents cheaper in Sanford than it is in Deltona. Then I stopped off at Avenue, which is a plus size clothing store. Missy insisted because the pocket is blown out on my favorite cords, and since they're black, she says its looks like I had a poop blowout. Yikes.

Now, Avenue has lots of nice slacks. But I am not in the market for those right now. I have three pairs of nice slacks, a brown pair, a black pair, and a pinstripe gray. So I'm good on dress pants. I suppose if I worked outside my home, that would not be enough, but seriously, I'm not going to wear pants that need ironing just to sit in my dining room and type, ya dig? I also don't like elastic waist pants. I also call them "I have no sex life" pants and "I give up" pants. Yes, I do have a few pairs of yoga pants, but these pants had no shape and were tapered. No thanks.

I do own one pair of jeans, but I have issues with jeans. I have a smaller waist and a great big butt and thighs. So if a pair of jeans fits me in the tush and thighs, it gapes in the back. If it fits my waist, there is no way on God's green earth I'll get em over the thunder thighs. That's how I roll, peeps. I like being impossible to work with. So I thought, I'll find myself some nice summer skirts. An A-line skirt is perfect for me. Smaller in the waist, then flares out so I can pretend I don't have 50 pound thighs. But no...not a single skirt in the store. I am not kidding. Tons of pants, tons of jeans, tons of dresses, and...capris. Sigh...so I grabbed three pairs and headed into the dressing room. No. No no no no no. These are WRONG. Yes, the fit in the waist. However, the fact that the fabric ends right around my shins look like I either shrunk a perfectly decent pair of pants, or that I'm playing dress up in a giant pair of shorts. Crap. I put them back.

I ended up with a new nightie and robe. Hey, I needed a lightweight robe. The one I have is a heavy fabric that makes me sweat. I only use it when I have the flu.

So, no capris for me. I have five, count them, FIVE skirts in my repair basket that need to be worked on. Maybe instead of buying new skirts, I should just fix the ones I have. My favorite red skirt? I brushed up against a wall at church that had just been painted and got white paint all over the bottom. So now I have to hem the skirt (it's ok, that skirt was floor length) up to my knees. This might actually make it more wearable. Maybe I'll take pics and show you what I did to it.

Anyway, I think I'm done blabbing for now. I guess the kids being out of the house is making me nonsencially insane. I'm not even sure why I wrote this. Except to tell you, I'm too short to pull off capris.

The End.

3 comments:

mom2nji said...

I seriously only own 1 skirt and I only wear it under extreme protest. I am even shrimpier than you and capris all have to be either folded or hemmed. I like petal pushers, which are long shorts on normal peeps but fit like capris on me.
I live in jeans though, have you tried ones that have some spandex in them?
Oh and thanks again for all your help. Please pray on Monday!

Sarah R said...

Shrimpier than me? Could that be possible?
You know you and Noah...heck the whole fam...are in my prayers. Enjoy your FH lunch. I recommend the Haystack or salad bar. But if you're there on Jamaican day, the food is awesome!!!

Miriam said...

girl, I think everyone but Daryl Hannah is too short to wear capris... I love the idea, but I have 2 pairs that I never wear because they look like poo... every time I put them on... Hey, I'm 5'3" and proud... hehehe, keep your chin up and your skirts above your ankles!