Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Giggly

No, I'm not really in a better mood, but Tiger made me proud this morning. The %^$&^%! dog peed on the rug again. I know he's getting older and bladder issues can happen, but I swear all this dog does is pee on every rug in the house, including bath mats, kitchen mats, and the rug where Mr. R keeps his drums (ummm, that didn't go over well.) This morning, I got up and immediately saw the rug 'ol Roscoe targeted last night (or this morning)...the rug under the recliner. I mopped around it, but that recliner is heavy and I needed to pull the rug out so I could wash it today. I mentioned to Tiger that I needed his "man muscles" to lift the recliner so I can grab the rug. Then I told him to eat breakfast and he could help me after he ate.
Fifteen minutes later, I said, "Are you ready to help me with that rug?" and he said, "Mom, I did it already. The rug is in the laundry room."
What a change. I beamed and told him how proud I was that he honored my request the first time without my repeating myself. He beamed back and said "It was easy, Mom. I'm glad I could help you."
So yes, maybe I am feeling better. I guess it's the small things that brighten a dark world.

No comments: