Pages

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Random Musings of Moi

Wednesday night tends to be pretty busy here at the R household. Missy and Tiger go to the middle school service. Bucket is not old enough yet, and the elementary service is quite babyish...they still do coloring and dancing, and he is totally over that. So at this time, I don't force him to go, because I want him to enjoy church, not despise it.

Anyway, Missy has been quite the evangelist, having brought four of her friends to the middle school service. Two of them go with her regularly, Kayla and Stephanie. Kayla lives two doors down from us, and Stephanie lives about 9 miles away. Stephanie rides the bus from school to our house just so she can attend. Missy, Kayla, Stephanie and Tiger all walk the four blocks to church together. Because it ends after dark, I pick them up. Stephanie's dad normally picks her up, but apparently last night, he called Stephanie to see if I could drive her home. I assumed it was because of work (the man works at WalMart, they do have some crazy hours.) Can you imagine my annoyance when I pulled into Stephanie's driveway just to find that not only was his car in the driveway, but so was his wife's. I said to Stephanie, "I thought your dad couldn't pick you up?" She said back, "His favorite show is on."
Oh, I was mad.
This is part of my non-resolutions, if ya'll remember. Don't let people take advantage of me. I thought I was doing a nice thing for a young lady - and I was - because I thought her dad was busy working. Instead, he is drinking beer and watching tv with his hand down his pants. He didn't even ask ME to drive Stephanie home, he just told Stephanie that "Missy's mom will have to drive you home." Not even ASKING, he was TELLING me what to do!
Well, the man got me once. There will not be a next time. If Stephanie needs a ride home, that is fine, as she is a nice little girl who enjoys church. But you are for sure that I'll be speaking with her mom or dad about calling ME if they need a favor and ASKING me. I'm not your hired driver. I am a busy lady who would like some down time, too.

Frankly, I never once even sat down last night to watch TV. Literally, not even the news. This was my day yesterday:

6:00 alarm goes off. Beat alarm with pillow. But get up anyway. Use bathroom immediately since three children have destroyed the elasticity of my bladder.
6:10-6:25 start coffee pot. Start turning on lights to wake up children. Start singing my stupid good morning songs which drive the children crazy. Stare down the coffee pot and wonder why it's not going any faster.
6:25-6:45 Make lunch for Bucket, make sure he's actually wearing socks and underwear to school (yes, I have to physically check him, or he'll try to sneak out without his undergarments. sigh.) Check Bucket's folder to see if his teacher left any notes for me. Sign his point sheet, put lunchbox in backpack and then hang backpack on door so he won't forget it again.
6:45-7:15 Threaten Missy and Tiger with a cold washcloth in their undies if they don't GET OUT OF BED THIS VERY INSTANCE BECAUSE I'M NOT DRIVING YOU TO SCHOOL AGAIN IF YOU MISS THE BUS.
7:15-9:00 work my actual paying job
9:00-11:00 dominatrix dentist lady
11:00-4:30 work the paying job again, with no lunch break because I had to visit the dominatrix dentist lady (see previous entry)
4:30-6:00 create grocery list, watch 6 children, half of whom are obviously not even mine, feed pets, fold laundry
6:00-7:00 grocery shopping with Bucket. Oh, the agony of shopping with a hungry 10 yr old boy.
7:00-8:00 feed Bucket, frantically try to put groceries away, continue to exchange the laundry
8:00-8:30 drive Stephanie home, drop off Kayla. Get mad at Stephanie's dad for being a butthead
8:30-9:30 feed Missy and Tiger who are absolutely starving since we normally eat at 6 but I forgot (but I did remember the pets...priorities, priorities). Continue putting groceries away, separating meats into small portions, empty dishwasher, start another dishwasher load. Give Bucket his medication two hours too late. Tuck everyone into bed.
9:30-11:00 remember in horror that today was my first day of my class at Herzing and that all my first posts were due. Turn the computer back on, do all the correct postings, read the first few pages of the horrific chapter on eyeballs (ohhh do I hate eyeball science).
11:00 pm COLLAPSE.


Things to do Today
MySpace Graphics & Free Myspace Layouts





Hey, I just realized I ate neither lunch or dinner yesterday in the middle of all that chaos. Why the heck am I fat?!?!

2 comments:

mom2nji said...

Ugh what a day! You give some people an inch and they take a mile! I would tell you to put your foot down with the parents, but I am chicken and wouldnt do it..lol

Sarah R said...

I'm kind of a chicken too. I like it when people like me. I'm not sure why that is?
That sounds like a blog post coming up for sure.