Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I'm Feeling Better, Thank You

Thanks to everyone who dropped by to make sure I was okay. Depression is just something I go through every now and then, for seemingly no reason at all. I couldn't even pinpoint what was bothering me, I was just very very sad. I'm feeling better now, although not 100%. Mr. R is still not home, and three weeks is such a very long time to be without someone you love.

Today is just a regular work day. I have to catch up on some schoolwork since I have not bothered to read the chapter, or do any discussion posts as required. I just didn't care for a few days. That is one great thing about online college. You can miss a few days, and catch up and not miss a beat. Online college is really a great choice for a working parent. I know I keep singing the praises of Herzing, but I mean it. And not because Amy from Herzing reads my blog, lol. (hi Amy...brownie points?!)

This weekend, I plan to tackle the boys' bedroom. My two little boys are not so little anymore. When we bought our house, they were 3 and 2 years old. Now, they are 11 and 10, and that 11 by 11 room is way too small for them. We hope to build a fourth bedroom onto this house in the next two years if we are not able to move. But for now, ORGANIZATIONAL MAMA needs to step up. I have to get rid of the baby hangers and finally buy adult hangers for Bucket. I have boxes of clothes that I need to go through and see if they fit Bucket. I need to pull out the sewing machine this weekend and fix all the rips, holes, and kamikaze button issues. Then, I need to donate any outgrown clothing to Goodwill. I also need to buy some of those organizational canvas boxes to keep school supplies in the dining room where the kids do their homework. Then I can take the trunk in the bedroom and let the boys use it for their toys. Tiger doesn't have much in the way of toys anymore, but Bucket still loves action figures and his light sabers, and I'd appreciate not stepping on them every morning, thankyouverymuch.

Here are some other random musings:

~ why are toilet seats cold in the winter, but not cold in the summer when I wish they were cold?
~ if you hold yourself over the potty so your tush doesn't hit the cold seat, is that considered a squat?
~ if you have more than one blueooth, does that mean you have blueteeth or bluetooths?
~ I wore my brown cords so much that you can see my underwear through the corduroy fabric. Is that so wrong?
~ My sister bought me aloe socks. I heart them very much.
~ I need to trim my hair. The ends of my hair looked like a hyena chewed on them.

I think that's it.

3 comments:

wendeeB said...

i have kids too :) and a cold potty seat LOL. Yep that is a squat! If you could actually get your knees to bend more than 90 it would be even better. Cute post. Hope you're feeling even brighter today

Sarah R said...

Thanks Wendee! Thanks for stopping by!

Amy Chastek said...

10 pts. :)