Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Conversations with the Bucket

I had to pick Bucket up from school because the chain on his bike broke, and I am the least mechanically inclined person EVER. But it was nice to get out of the house, blast music on the stereo, and be outside in the fresh cool air.

Our conversation went like this:

Me: "Hi baby, how was school."
Bucket: "I had the worst day ever!"
Me: "Oh no! What happened?"
Bucket: "I don't want to talk about it."

(Umm, hello, you're the one who just told me you had the worst day ever. I know you want to talk about it! ~goof~)

Me: "What did you get on your point sheet?"
Bucket: "Only a 16, Mom."
Me: "What?!!?! You usually get a 20!" (20 is the highest)
Bucket: "I know, but Mr. L changed stuff around and it made me so mad!"

(Another FYI...this is basically the bane of an autistic child's existence. Changing stuff that is working perfectly fine. I'm sure there's a reason for it, but I am doing my mommy detective thing. Watch how fly I am.)

Me: "So what did he change?"
Bucket: "I'm not the line leader anymore! Now I'm the caboose!" (sniffles)
Me: "So who is the line leader now?"
Bucket: "Michael. I hate him! He's the worst line leader ever!"
Me: "Bucket, you've been the line leader for a while. It is ok for Michael to have a turn as the leader. Everybody wants to have that job, because it's so cool."
Bucket: "Whatever. Mr. L better not come crying to me when that whole line falls apart."

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

1 comment:

mom2nji said...

LOL! Thats funnny. I wish noah only had a 20 point system, his is 180 and CONFUSING!