Pages

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Off My Feet

That sounds like a cute blog title, but it's really not. As I was walking into my bedroom, I tripped on a box containing gift wrap. I fell sideways to my left, and cracked my left ankle directly on the wood floor. I thought it was broken, but the emergency room doctor states it is only sprained. Again, my blood pressure was incredibly high. They wouldn't let me leave until it went down.
It's a sprain, not a fracture. 3-6 weeks of ace bandages and crutches.
So, here I sit. Four days before Christmas. I'm not done shopping. I have to prepare Christmas Eve dinner for 8 people. And I can't even stand.

2 comments:

Miriam said...

oh that sucks!! I'm sorry to hear it. You should change your morning walk routine to a morning stretch routine (light yoga) so you don't lose that energy boost in the mornings. Feel better sweets, and merry Xmas!!

Sarah R said...

The yoga is a good idea. I was bemoaning to ol Mr. R last night that I was going to lose all the progress I had made since October since there is obviously no way I can walk for at least three weeks.