Pages

Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas concert

Today is the last day of school in Volusia County until 2009. Somewhat relieved, somewhat terrified, I'm still happy that I don't have to wake children up next week. Not only that, but I can set my alarm for 7 instead of 6...that's straight up heavenly, peeps. HEAVENLY.
Today is Bucket's Christmas concert. It is 3rd, 4th and 5th grade. It is from 9 to 9:30, which means I have to leave here at 8:45 just to find a parking spot at the school. Bucket was supposed to wear a white dress shirt and black pants.
Well, this morning Bucket decided he wanted to wear his camo pants and a Halloween tee. I told him he had to change because he's in the Christmas concert, not the redneck brigade. Screaming and crying ensued. He told me he didn't want to be in the STOOOPID SHOW anyway (which is a total lie, he's been talking about it for weeks). I finally convinced him to wear black jeans and a white tee shirt...the closest I could get to normal.
No wonder the people at his school hate us.

No comments: