Pages

Monday, December 22, 2008

Anger

Yeah, I'm ticked. Like you wouldn't believe.
No, not over my foot. It's unfortunate and a huge pain in the butt, but I'll live. I got the most condescending e-mail from my mother over this entire situation. Normally, I'd tear up, but now I'm just...well, I'm pissed off.
When I fell yesterday, I was sitting down for the first time all darned day to eat something for dinner. Tiger called my parents because it was quite obvious I was going to need x-rays. I gratefully let them take care of me for a few hours. My stepdad drove me to the hospital and stayed with me, while my mom was at the house with the kids.
I got home around 9:30pm. I was tired, in pain, and did I mention I hadn't eaten anything because I fell right?
My mom's email this morning said this:

Good Morning...did you manage to get any sleep last night? I didnt even think that we could have dropped off you rx's last night and I could have picked them up for you this morning...sorry.

So, what do you want me to do today? I could either:

1. Come over and clean your kitchen and dining area (you let it go too far this time)

OR

2. Take the kids at 10 am and bring them back at 4 pm, they are old enough to understand if we decide to bake cookies after Christmas instead.

call me by 8am on my cell phone.....I might be walking Cody


I let WHAT go too far? Is it not enough that I had been cleaning all day? Or that I have crammed 3 kids and a home office in a house that is only 1400 sq feet? Or that I had been shredding medical records for the good portion of the day, which is why there were some paper fragments on the floor? I never once asked my mom to clean my house. I can clean it myself. I think some people tend to forget:

1) I take care of three kids by myself
2) I work full time
3) I attend college part time
4) I AM NOT PERFECT BY ANY MEANS!

My home is clean and safe (except for the box of gift wrap I tripped on, lol). Yes, there were dishes in the sink, but hello, I had already done a load and was loading the dishwasher for the second set (after all, I was in the middle of making dinner). I hadn't cleaned the bathroom yet because I was waiting for the kids to go to sleep so they wouldn't need the bathroom while I was trying to clean it. The living room was spotless. The only thing on my dining room table were a few packs of paper plates (still in the packages, not used plates) a few of the kids' books, and my candle holders.

I don't even want to call her. Why, so she can kick me while I'm down?

2 comments:

Lara said...

I wish I could say something that would make it better, but I can't. My mom does the same thing to me. I appreciate it when she helps, but I don't appreciate the guilt trips and put downs that accompany it.

Sarah R said...

She did apologize, and I do forgive her. But I will be thinking twice about calling her in an emergency.