Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

How Many Times Can I Change My Mind?

For right now, I won't be going back to school.
I simply can't until I know for sure what Mr. R will be doing in the future. It is my job to be his helpmeet, not the other way around. I admit, I am a bit bummed. I always loved school and loved the idea of going back to learn something new. I was a total nerd in high school and college. My idea of a good time is to stay up late drinking coffee and reading a 600 page book cover to cover in one shot. Clubbing? Not me. I've gone clubbing maybe 3 times in my life, and while I had a good time, I will turn that down to snuggle in a comfy chair and expand my mind. Like I said...total nerd. I'm cool with that. I revel in my nerdiness, hahaha.
The director of the hospital I work with e-mailed me back to tell me that the certificate program I was planning to enroll in, was essentially worthless to my bottom line. Meaning, yes, the program is accredited and fine, but I already make the same amount of money as the certified coders. Well, what is the point of getting a certificate, and putting myself in more debt, to make the same money? None to me. Now, if I got an A.S. instead of just the certificate, I'd make more money, as I'd be able to go into management. But management means leaving my home. Leaving my kids alone. Having to put on a suit, drive to work, and let my kids come home to an empty house after school. And what about summers? They'd be home all day, alone! Can Missy handle Bucket for that long? And why do that to her?
It seems obvious to me that I already have the best deal going, that making money from home is where I need to be for now. I'm guessing God has placed me right where he wants me to be. I need to be content in that.

No comments: