Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! I didn't realize it had been nearly a month since I posted.
Nothing much has changed, except that Mr. R finally paid off the semi! Woohoooo, life is good! Now we have to figure out what he is going to do with the rest of his working career. No pressure, right?
Jake has asked me not to sign up for online school right now. He is not sure what he is up to, and doesn't want me to make major changes while he might be making major changes too. Ahhh, mediocrity wins again. No, thats not fair of me. It is my job to be his helpmeet. He comes first, and I support him. I know this in my heart and I really am ok with it.
On that front, I have been thinking a lot of home lately. No, not New York! (although I do miss the snow.) My home. Our family home. Where I currently sit.
I love my home. I love what my home represents. Family. Love. Warmth. Food. (lol) Coffee. Friends. Dessert. (is that still food...hmmm, I detect a pattern.) At one point, Mr. R and I discussed moving out of state. I'm not sure I want to do that anymore. First, the housing market is not great. But mostly, I love what we've been doing to our home. Have you ever invited someone to your home for the first time, and they walk in and tell you what they love about your home? I *LOVE* that! I invited my new boss Nicola over, and she loved the floors, she loved the backyard, she loved the fireplace. I thought to myself, I walk on these floors every day and don't think about it. I have days when I don't even go into my yard. And I haven't used that fireplace in 5 years. God has been so good to me and yet I have days when I don't recognize it. The world would say, "This house is a starter home. Time to trade in and move up!" But I enjoy this little house. Yes, we do need to add on another bedroom, and I have plans to expand the kitchen and move my office, but I want to stay here. I love home, and I make no excuses for it.

No comments: