Pages

Saturday, June 2, 2018

Rose Gold

My 43rd birthday was a few weeks ago, and my tradition is to get "mah hair did" for my birthday.  As a youngster, my hair was so dark brown it was nearly black, with no highlights at all.  But as I'm getting older, the grays are coming in quickly and that super dark color washes me out.  I'm probably about 30% gray at this point, so I brainstormed with my stylist to find a color that will blend those grays nicely.


I walked into the salon like this.  This is my actual 43rd birthday, May 15.

And came out looking like this!  It's birthday magic!

This subtle rose gold color is everything!
My birthday was a rainy, windy day, as you can see here.  This made me laugh.

I normally change my hair color every six to eight weeks, but this time, I'm keeping it.  I love how the gray and the rose color blend so prettily, mixed in with a bit of gold.  Because it contrasts with my blue eyes, my eyes seem even bluer and it seemed to perk up my skin tone.  As you can see, my pixie cut is long gone and I'm back to this shoulder length hair.  I'm in the process of growing it out a bit so I can do a chic inverted bob.  



So, I'm 43 now.  So far, I'm really enjoying my 40s except for dealing with my daughter's drug issues.  My boys are doing pretty good.  My oldest son, Tiger, moved out recently with friends, and he's 21 now.  21!!!  My youngest, Bucket, will be 20 in July.  My 24th wedding anniversary is coming up in August, and my husband is back at work.  I am praying that the crisis mode that I've been living in the past couple of years will calm down and this will be a time of growth and happiness.  I wish the same for you!

No comments: