Pages

Friday, October 3, 2014

Moving Up and Moving On!

Guess what, guess what, guess what!!!

I did it!  First try!  I'm a certified professional coder!


Not only that, but....

I GOT A JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right now, I'm waiting for my urine test to go through (I hope they don't test for coffee abuse, lol) and once that is approved, I should start on Monday, but it might be Tuesday or Wednesday depending on how quickly the lab processes my sample.

The job?  It's not in coding.  It's working on authorizations for high dollar medications.  I interviewed last Tuesday, and was hired on the spot once I demonstrated my knowledge of medical insurance and how referrals, authorizations, and appeals work.  It's a nice place, and only 20 minutes from my house so the commute is easy.  Unfortunately, it's only a temp position, but I think it will do until I find the coding job of my dreams.  Or...perhaps this job will turn permanent.  I don't know.  I just know that I am crazy lucky (blessed) in this economy to only be unemployed for a month.  I never even got an unemployment check.  I don't intend to pursue that anymore, it was an absolute joke.  So many hoops to jump through and then I didn't even get any money.  Nuts.

So, now onto frivolous junk.  My hair.

Peeps, let me ask a question.  I almost feel ridiculous asking.  But....what do you do if you get a hair style, and your husband doesn't like it?

I LOVE my pixie cut.  I like the freedom of short hair, how it's different from most other women, and escaping the pony tail rut that I inevitably fall into.  Now that we're going to have steady income again, I can afford to get my hair done.  But Mr. R is begging me to grow my hair back out.  He prefers it long, like most men do.  I can't even claim that my hair is gross when it grows out, that it's limp and lank and not pretty.  I have GORGEOUS hair when it's long.  But it's hot, heavy, and I get bored with it.  I could probably have shoulder length hair again by my birthday in May, but I am torn.  Do I grow it out to make my husband happy?  Or do I keep it short?  I like my hair either way, but I do think the short is striking.

4 comments:

Lisa in Texas = ) said...

Ok - because you asked. I would ask my husband how important it is to him for you to grow it out. If it really means a lot to him - I would work on trying to find a longer style that you really like. But it is really up to you - and how your husband acts if he does not get his way...lol. Anyway I am happy you got a job and that quickly is awesome!
God bless~ Lisa :O)

Southern Girl said...

AWESOME news! This is totally working out for the best. Can't help u with the hair - mine is fine & thin and looks awful with any length on it. Yours looks great short or long. Keep the good news coming! -Natalie

Cheriz Angel said...

I would say to keep it short if that's what you like. Your husband married you, not your hair. At some point you may get tired of having your hair short and end up growing it out anyways.

Anonymous said...

Grow it for your husband, and remind him that it is a favor to him. Hint!