|Here I am in Dayton, OH, at a florist shop (hubby mostly delivers plants around the country.) This was the 1950 Ford tractor of the owner of the florist shop, and he let me sit on it to take pictures! He also gave me those white daisies.|
|While Mr. R was sleeping in the back, I sat in the driver's seat and did some Bible study. I'm in Hickory NC right here, but I've been to NC many times.|
I learned a lot about trucking. Here's a few things you might not know:
1) You don't bathe every day. There are showers at the truck stops. But you rarely have time to stop for one every day. I didn't like that at all.
2) I understand why there are more men than women drivers. Men can pee in a bottle on the side of the road. Clearly, this is more of an issue for those of us with indoor plumbing.
3) My husband keeps a 5 gallon bucket in his truck. I thought it was a trash can. Yes, but it's also a toilet. I was not happy about that.
4) Being a girl on the road gets attention. Especially since I was not dressed like a trucker. I got a lot of whistles, cat calls, and guys straight up high-fiving my husband about getting "the ol ball and chain" out on the road with him. I can see why many of these guys are single. Ew.
5) A lot of prostitution goes on in truck stops. I saw at least one transaction. It's really sad, and the situation needs prayer for sure.
6) A lot of drivers...and this grosses me out...while in a parking lot, near bathroom facilities, will take their bottles of urine (remember I talked about this already, schedules are so tight many men are peeing in water and soda bottles so they don't have to stop driving) and just dump them in parking lots. It's so nasty and foul. Let me tell you, lots of people are against having truck stops or rest stops in their neighborhood. I used to wonder why, but now I know. A lot of these people are nasty. If there are garbage cans or toilets, there is no need to dump your pee in the parking lot, where it gets warm and starts to stink really badly. You could always tell when someone had just done it, too.