Pages

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Thrifty

Money is tight and I needed interview clothes.  What to do, what to do?!?!

It's Goodwill time!


Does this look like the face of a woman who is unhappy?  Nope.  I have the day off, and I'm going thrifting!  You know what's funny?  The red shirt I'm wearing here was also purchased at Goodwill!


Look, if you have the patience, you can find some great items at Goodwill.  It's not like I had anything to do, anyway (although I still have not cleaned my desk.)  I dropped off some items to donate, and then I parked and went in.  Going during the week is so much better than weekends!  I practically had the place to myself and found some great items!  I was specifically looking for tops which didn't require a tank top to be worn underneath for modesty issues.  My husband said that while he appreciates my great rack, it doesn't need to be on display for an interview.  Why is it that most plus size clothes are so low cut? Sometimes, I just need to be Sarah, and not Sarah the Breasted One.  And I'm not even that large on top, I'm between a C and D cup, depending on the bra.

Purposefully wore pants today so I could see how these tops would look with pants.  What a cute top!  And it had a green tag which meant it was half price!  SCORE!!!!!!!!!!  Note to all:  after taking all of these photos, I threw this bra away.  It's doing me no favors.

I would have liked to have kept this top (red with navy blue stars!!!) but it had a stain on the back.  Darn it.  Do you like my Sheldon Cooper smile?  I was sending all these photos to my husband and trying to make him laugh.




This is a striped top from Avenue.  It's a size 18/20 so I thought it would be too big, but someone dried the heck out of this top so it was almost tight on me.  Really love the elbow length sleeves and the scoop neck, so I picked it up.

Not my favorite, but it's a good work staple.  The colors are hard to see, but it's turquoise, navy, lime and yellow stripes, on a white shirt with gold thread.  It's a Cato Woman shirt, in a size 18/20W.  Lots of good colors

This shirt had no size in it, but the label only says "Wrinkle Free" and gosh darn it, that's good enough for me.  The stripes are in black, navy, baby blue and gray on white.  Again, I chose it for the good colors to match a bottom to, not because I'm a fan of collared shirts.  Plus I hate ironing.  Plus I love a 3/4 sleeve.

Wanted to keep, but put back.  Great solid orange color, and autumn is so close!  But it was too wide in the shoulders for me, and you can see my tattoo.  So I put it back, but I wasn't happy about it.  No sir.

So here is the outfit I picked out for my interview tomorrow:

Gray heather dress trousers from Lane Bryant, bought this year and worn only once before.  $1.79 top from Goodwill, and Target green cardigan.  I haven't figured out which shoes to wear yet, and I'm going to wear my autism circle pendant and plain ol CZ studs in my ears.  Simple but put together.
Isn't the pattern lovely?


Well, that's my post for today.  I'd tell you what I did today, but you don't want to hear about dishes and laundry, do you?  I didn't think so.

4 comments:

Lisa in Texas = ) said...

Loved hearing about your trip to Goodwill. I love shopping there too! I also loved to see the photos of the different things you tried on. I like to do that too- sometimes it helps me decide if I like something or not. And I too- end up sending the more questionable things to my husband for his advice.
Good luck in your interview. I was so happy to hear that you already had several leads on jobs!! Lisa :O)

Jill said...

Good luck with interview. You look 20 pounds slimmer in those pictures. Must be a good pair of pants!

Southern Girl said...

Your attitude is wonderful! I just know you are going to look back on this whole ordeal and realize - they did you a favor! Best of luck on your interview -Natalie

Sarah R said...

The interview went well, but they called me in for a job I didn't apply for. That drives me nuts. When I apply for full time hospital, don't call me in for on call clinic. Gah!