Pages

Friday, September 20, 2013

In Which I Lose Parenting Points....

My older son, Tiger, is a pretty popular kid.  He's funny, generous, and kind.  He has a ton of friends...and sure enough, by Thursday and Friday, I start getting texts from his friends asking if they can spend the night.  I usually say yes.  But this week, I turned two kiddos down and said we had other plans.

Want to know why?

My husband is coming home tonight.  And I have not seen him in three weeks. 

AHEM.

Even though our house is a split plan (our bedroom on one side, the kids bedrooms on the other) our house is still a smallish 1450 sq feet.  I can usually hear what they're doing over there.  And I assume that means they can hear me.  Or us.  *blush*

Is that so wrong?  Am I the only mom who won't let other kids spend the night on an evening when intimacy is a virtual guarantee?  Do other parents just go at it and not care if other kids hear/see something?  I mean, of course the door would be locked, but still...it weirds me out.

Ok, I called my bestie to ask her.  She agrees with me. Then we both laughed really hard until we both needed to pee.

2 comments:

Jill said...

I'm with you!

Anonymous said...

I would not be able to relax and really enjoy myself - you are in the right - totally! Just tell the kids it is family time when Dad's home - no sleepovers.