Pages

Saturday, April 6, 2013

I Couldn't Do It

Unexpectedly, I had an opportunity to go on a quick trip with my husband over the weekend.  We left Friday afternoon after I was done working and was back home on Saturday afternoon.  Yes, left the kids overnight.  Yes, it's legal.  I checked with my cousin who is a police officer.  Missy is 17 and it's not illegal so I bit my lip and went.  Surprisingly, I didn't freak out (at least over that.)  I enjoyed having my husband to myself.

Let me clarify.  I enjoyed having my husband to myself and the thousands of other drivers on I-95 through Florida, Georgia and South Carolina.  I spent a lot of time gasping because I couldn't believe what I was seeing and trust me, a TON of praying.  Lord have MERCY.  People can't drive!!!  I always respected what he does for a living, but more now than ever.

I had fun, but I can promise you all something.  I am in no danger of obtaining my CDL.  I don't ever want to be a truck driver!

Really, Mr. Cup?  I thought you knew me better than that!

70mph on I-95 somewhere in South Carolina.

This guy?  This one right here.  Yeah, I love him.

I have never been to Savannah...hopefully that will change one day.

I actually took some of the brightness OUT of these photos.  The sun was relentless today.  And it's funny because I woke up to frost but it warmed up so nicely.

By the way, if you ever want to shock a truck driver (which is hard to do) you should walk through a filthy urine filled truck stop parking lot wearing a maxi dress and pink flop flops.  That should do it.

It was so nice spending time with my husband without having children around!

Funny story.  We didn't get to this truck stop until 1am.  We went to sleep and at one point I rolled over to see what time it was.  We were sharing a twin mattress...neither of us are small people.  So he murmurs, "What's wrong?"  And I said, "My bladder insists that it's somewhere between 5:30 and 6:30."  He yawns and says, "That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.  It's only 3 or 4."  I disagreed and said, "Where's your phone?"  So he grabbed the phone and said, "Well, I'll be damned."  Yeah.  It was 6:11am.  My bladder doesn't lie, peeps.  Three children will do that to your bladder.



2 comments:

Cheriz Angel said...

Sounds fun, I miss road trips!

Sarah R said...

I haven't done too many road trips. At least not as an adult, and without kids. This was pretty fun. And I didn't have to drive which was extra nice.