Pages

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Attempting Life

I thought of lots of stupid titles for this post.  "Orange You Glad To See Me?"  or "Back In The Saddle" but they seemed too cliche and annoying.  I got up, I got dressed, I did my hair, I wore make up, but it was all pretend.  I was going through motions today, and it showed.  But I did put one foot in front of the other, and it's a start.

I haven't taken pictures in nearly a month.  In my last pictures, I talked about how much I was looking forward to summer to see my baby.  And now...my womb is empty, but you can tell I was starting to show because I have a pooch.  I mean, I had a pooch before, don't get me wrong, but I was just getting to the point where I was needing maternity.  Sigh.

This is actually my polka dot black and white Target dress, but I topped it with a bright orange tee I bought at Ross just yesterday for $5.99.  We're supposed to wear orange for the first Sunday of the month in children's ministry, and I was the only one who did it.  Go figure.

Totally fake smile.  Did not fool one single person.

I bought real high heels, again at Ross yesterday for $20.  They hurt.  I'm definitely not used to them.  The heel itself didn't hurt, but I have wide toes and I need to stretch these out a bit.  But they looked cute; I can see why women get addicted to heels.  I felt like it helped my posture quite a bit.

I also bought new bras, but I got those at Target.  I guess a bit of retail therapy over the weekend took my mind off my sorrows.

Tomorrow, I start my new schedule at work.  As grateful as I am for my job, it occurred to me while I was out with the miscarriage that I need to spend more time on me.  I will still getting up at 6am, but I won't be starting work until 8am.  Those two hours will be for me to be in the Word more faithfully, to eat a real breakfast, and to get my exercise.  I will never know if this miscarriage happened because of anything I did, but I know that being 100 lbs overweight didn't do me any favors.  This will be a gift to myself and any future babies that may happen.  I need good health so I can grow a healthy child, if the Lord chooses to bless us again.  Yes, you heard me right.  I intend to try again, as soon as I'm done with the physical part of this miscarriage  (going on two weeks of bleeding, yuck) and Mr. R is home (he just got a run to Colorado, so it will be at least two weeks until I see him again) and if the timing is right...yes, we'll be trying again.

Until then, be prepared for my usual outfit posts, and possibly some updates on my exercise.  I'm going back to my Kettleworx again.  Hope you all have a blessed week.

1 comment:

Bobbie said...

You look Lovely. Good for you for making time for yourself.