Pages

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Four Days of Bliss

I am so glad I took the entire Thanksgiving weekend off.  I hadn't had any time off since August when Bucket started high school.  I realize that's only 3 months, but my brain was pooped!  I didn't do anything super special.  I cooked, cleaned, saw the movie Lincoln (long, informative, interesting), had friends over for dinner, slept in, went to church, and went to the beach.  And I loved every minute of it.  I'm not even mad that I'm going back to work tomorrow.  I feel refreshed and ready to get back in it!

Nutmeg the cat tried to stalk these enormous cranes which were in our yard early Friday morning.  I wish I had gotten the shot of the crane chasing her across the yard.  I was too busy laughing.

I spent Thursday night sick a dog, I'm guessing due to my blood sugar issues.  I look pretty wiped out here, and I'm not even sure why I'm dressed or where I'm going.

I made a sugar and flour free pumpkin pie and it was great!  My blood sugar didn't spike and I was able to enjoy dessert with my guests on Saturday.

What I wore to church Sunday.  I don't look happy.  I'm not sure why, as I was in a fine mood and this dress is great.  It's Avenue, size 18/20, purchased in May with my birthday coupons.  With it being long sleeves I had to wait a long time to wear it.  It was 45 when Mr. R took this picture in the morning!

It finally got up to 70 degrees.  I took off the long sleeved dress, put on my Target dress, and splashed around in the very cold water.  Mr. R would not join me.

I love this man.  Really, really love him.

I took this picture from the Daytona Beach Pier.  I wish I knew how to surf!

What a great weekend!  Back to work, plus a doctor office visit tomorrow.  Have a good Monday (it's still a Monday, after all.)

3 comments:

Jill said...

I've wanted to see Lincoln, also. Thanks for blogging, I was hoping you we're doing we'll!

Kelly said...

What a great weekend!

So on Thanksgiving it was 65 here. And on Saturday it snowed. Crazy.....and painful weather.

We do have sunshine today though....even though it's 27 right now. LOVE the sunshine :)

Sarah R said...

It is beautiful and sunshiney again here today, Lelly. About 55 right now, should warm up to 72. I love Florida "winters." So nice out!
Glad to hear from you, Jill. Hope all is well with you!